Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marissa
Curious August 2017 British Columbia

Guest list status changes

Marissa, on August 9, 2017 at 00:51 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
Has anyone else had issues with people changing their status from attending to not attending last minute? We are 4 days out from our wedding and in the last week we have had 14 people change.... we are lucky enough that our venue only needed rough numbers two weeks in advance, and final numbers 96hrs in advance because other wise we would be out $520!
For anyone who hasn't sent out invites yet I would recommend sending a note saying something (in addition to the rsvp by date) like "barring family emergencies, please notify us of any change in attending status by ________(a day or two before your venue needs final numbers). Either that or re-send out a reminder a month before to tell people about additional wedding related things/ask if their status has changed or remains the same.
😓😅😰.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 14:22
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had guests calling personally letting me k ow they couldn't make it. Others had medical issues the time of the week.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a whole bunch of people change their RSVP the week of the wedding, but I had to be understanding because the changes were do to Hurricane Matthew and mandatory state evacuations!

The funniest was a voicemail from a friend that started "Hey....I remember when we were wedding planning and this is the worst...but we have to change our RSVP" hahah Smiley tongue

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agh!!! I'd lose my mind if this happened!!!!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 18 people who will not commit. It is super frustrating. Not a big deal if its one or two people. 18 people is an additional 2.5 tables you can't just squeeze them in.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh boy this sounds very frustrating! I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Thank you for the suggestions! We may use them!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel bad for you. That's really annoying. Emergencies do arise so it's best to account for that. I wish you a very happy wedding day and hope that everything runs smoothly.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine is Saturday too! Happy early wedding day Smiley smile
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My rsvp date was back in mid may.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have had 6 or 7 people change their rsvp in the past 2 weeks and my wedding is this Saturday.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is such a surprise! I had one couple who RSVPd yes, and then they called the day before the wedding to send their regrets due to a family emergency, but I cannot imagine 14 people doing that! When was your RSVP date? I'm just glad to hear you were still able to give your caterer enough notice to save yourself some money.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh that is unfortunate! I hope these people had really good reasons for changing status at the last minute. We have had a few people tell us that they may not be able to attend but it is still 6-7 weeks away so we have time to accommodate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics