Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Groomsmen

Jessica, on January 22, 2018 at 23:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
Hi! I could really use some advice. My fiancé really wants to have a large amount of groomsmen while I want 4 bridesmaids. We are having a small, 50 person wedding. I really want to keep the wedding party even. Am I being unreasonable? Anyone have any ideas or advice?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on January 25, 2018 at 10:35
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, these were most of my main concerns!! Couldn’t have said it better myself!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for all of the wonderful responses ladies!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me advice!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only question is how much space is there for between where you're standing and guest seated? I agree that some of his groomsmen be ushers or welcome guests handing out programs or anything your giving your guests as they are sitting.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lots of good responses to your question.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are have three girls and two guys. So no even but I don’t care. It’s his wedding to and if he’s ok with the expense, then I’d say do don’t sweat it.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do think, something to take into account, is a bigger bridal party can lead to more expenses for you guys during budgeting. Some of the things to consider:

- What gifts are you giving your bridal party? The more people, the smaller the gifts or the more overall cost

- Are you paying for any of their day of attire such as tie rentals, suit rentals, etc?

- What are you planning for the rehearsal dinner? A larger bridal party means more people attending and depending what you are doing could make planning and paying for it another small hurdle to get through

I like the idea of an even wedding party too, however if the number is slight I wouldn't stress too much.

I'd also keep in mind, depending what you're doing for the headtable.. if the bridal party is sitting with you, you might end up with a massive head table and less people at the 'regular tables'.

Does he have some guys he's closer with? Maybe he can make them groomsman and the other guys ushers.. so they're still involved, still have a role and still going to the fun stuff like bachelor parties but you can cut down on some of the concerns I pointed out above.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many is he hoping to have? Are they all very important to him? Can any be asked to be ushers, witnesses, or readers instead of groomsmen if he wants a really huge number?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it matters if the numbers don't add up unless he wants a ridiculous amount of groomsmen (like 10) and you only want 4.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your response!! I think I’m just being too OCD wanting it to be even lol. I’m not sure why it matters so much to me.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Jessica, how many groomsmen does he want? Though I have seen uneven bridal parties becoming very common now adays. But maybe see if he is willing to compromise on having 6 groomsmen and you keep your 4, just so that’s its not wayyyy off.
    Just resure him that if you also have an even bridal party your still going to celebrate his bachelor party and wedding with all of his friends. So it’s a win win.
    Good luck

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics