Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Grooms gift: Boudoir book?

Peggy, on November 26, 2018 at 16:04 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23

Hi folks! So I got to see my boudoir pictures last night (BTW, if anyone in Edmonton wants an amazing boudoir experience, I am happy to tell you where I got mine done!) and holy crap...this fat girl looks hot! I was shocked.

I'm now really excited to make up a book to give my FH as part of his grooms gift - I'm wondering if anyone else has done this? What was your hubby's reaction? What do you wish you had done differently? When did you give it to him? I'm thinking of sending it over with his cufflinks the morning of, so the photographer can capture his reaction...

23 Comments

Latest activity by Andie, on November 28, 2018 at 21:02
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You looked fab Peggy! I’m sure he’s going to loooove it! 😊
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is such a good idea; I’m stealing it!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It'd go in our bedroom; no one ever goes in there, so it'd just be for him and me!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

CONGRATS!!!!! so exciting!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it does! Little Henry was born November 10th!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You look STUNNING!!!!!!

I personally wouldn't do it as wall art. not out of not wanting to. but the layout of my house and the amount of house parties we through. friends would see it in our room (we don't ever shut the door). if our layout was different. I totally would print and hang in my room

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When you say adored....does this mean baby has come???? Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing this too as a wedding gift!! I've had the idea for a while.. so glad to hear yours went well.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You look absolutely stunning!! I think that would make a great wall piece!

I would be way to chicken to put out any pictures from my boudoir session on the wall haha.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wall art?Grooms gift: Boudoir book? 1

Here's a sample of what I got - I'm considering blowing this one up into wall art. What do you ladies think?

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Some of my sexiest feeling days was during my pregnancy!! And my fiance absolutely adored my pregnancy body, I've seen boudoir pregnancy photos and they are just as sexy as non pregnancy ones! I almost did a maternity boudoir but decided to save the money for our newborn photography instead lol
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd love to see one if you're comfortable with that! And can I ask how much you paid? Message me!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The photographer is Star Newman - her website is https://www.actsofbeauty.ca/ - I should be receiving my files today and can show you a shot or two, if you'd like. Star has an amazing studio right on Whyte Ave, and Michelle (who does hair and makeup for the sessions) is lovely too.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd love to know who did them! I am in Edmonton

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I accidentally mentioned this to my FH back when we first got engaged (about a year ago) and now I don't think I would be able to wait until the 1 year mark for paper Smiley tongue Maybe I could do another one though at the 1 year mark after I try and lose some weight! (Don't want to try too hard right now seeing as how I've already ordered my dress.)

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did this for our anniversary of being engaged for 1 year. He was very shocked and surprised that I did this for him.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is exactly what I want to do!! I think it's such a great, sexy, personal gift I looooove it!!!! Not sure of when to give the gift I was thinking of the night before, just after the rehearsal dinner just as hes leaving me for the night! Thought it would be a nice little treat the night before?!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nah - just a different kind of sexy!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a great idea, I think I might actually do this. I'm worried if I wait for our first anniversary I will be too pregnant to take sexy pics Smiley xd
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would be an amazing gift! I had asked my FH for our one year wedding anniversary if we could do a couples boudoir shoot! there's a girl here in Saskatoon who is incredible! she books like a year in advance, we wanted her for our wedding day but she was already booked up! so if we go with that for our 1 year of marriage, Ill be able to get a spot with her. either Ill go alone or we will go together as a couples thing, either one would be amazing! then we will both have a little gift. I would want to blow on of the pictures up big and hang it above our bed. ugh such a great idea!

I'm so happy to hear you loved your experience!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea for the one year anniversary - I don't think I could wait a 17 months to give it to him (it'll be hard enough waiting until May!). I did my shoot a few weeks ago - November was a quiet month in planning for me, so it gave me something to do to look forward to, and December is quiet too so I can build and order the book then!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yassss... Boudoir photos are awesome. With a good photographer, anyone of any shape and size can look and feel sexy.

I was going to do this! But someone mentioned they were waiting til the 1 year anniversary because it's paper. I just thought with everything going on for the wedding, I'd be more calm/have more time next year.

But I think it's a lovely gift. It's something exciting for him, plus 30 years from now you've got some great pics to look back on!! Haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics