Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liana
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Groom Shower?

Liana, on March 7, 2019 at 13:54 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Have you hosted or attended Groom Shower? What did you do?

Initially, we wanted to have a couple/coed shower. Once we mapped our guest list, we decided we want are having separate showers for more intimate celebrations. It's easy to have a bridal shower since many women are open to playing games and chatting among each other. Right now we are thinking a bbq or going to cidery/resto.

All ideas are welcomed

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on March 21, 2019 at 02:39
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH will be taking the guys to the gun range
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We weren't planning to do any shower. But since we will be leaving the province soon to move permanently to another, my friends threw us a Jack and Jill and goodbye party at the same time last weekend. It was dinner followed by going dancing to live music.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad is planning one for my Fiance he calls it a "tool shower": all the guys bring a tool for my fiance to make sure he has everything he needs to fix things around the house etc. My dad held them for both his brothers for their weddings 25-30 years ago so he's very excited to do it all again!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Couples can celebrate a shower together if it comes to the idea these days. Its a nice thing to have and not just gifts for the bride, the groom can get some too.

The Best Man can be part of the planning with banner "Groom to Be" and games that will be different or part of yours.

Coed showers are a great idea!

• Liana
    Liana
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good find!!! I find there's always attention on the Bride so it'll be nice to have a celebration for him too. Let me know what your fiance thinks 馃槉
  • Liana
    Liana
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No this would be an addition to the bachelor party. I'm thinking of a way for our dad's, brothers and the men of the family to bond with the groomsmen.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never heard of it - but now that I'm searching online I think this is exactly what my FH would want!! lol He's a carpenter and this link has a suggestion of instead of household items - he would get power tools!!: www.brides.com/groom-shower

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like a fun idea, but I've never hosted or attended one. Would this be in place of a bachelor?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics