Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candace
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Groom and Groomsmen

Candace, on January 23, 2018 at 22:38 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
Hey, whats everyone having the groom and groomsmen doing prior to the ceremony? Are they hiding away until the ceremony starts or out mingling and helping guests as they arrive?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on January 25, 2018 at 16:43
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They could probably do both, depending on what time your ceremony will be taking place.

I know my FH will probably be out golfing with his buddies in the morning. Depending on when he'll be at the venue, he'll help out with the guests.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think it's weird, but we didn't have a super formal wedding either, so I suppose it depends on the day!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds like what we will be doing as well!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My groom is going to do something like golfing with the groomsmen the morning of and then come back to get ready, he isn’t sure if he wants mingle with guests once they starts to arrive or if that’s weird lol
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The groomsmen started by handing out the programs when the guests arrived, and directing them to where they could sit. And the groom mingled with guests.

Our venue provided a "day of" coordinator so she made sure to gather up the groom, groomsmen, and parents before the ceremony started so we could line up for the procession.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our best men and maid of honours were with us while getting ready taking pictures. While o ur famiy were busy with each groom, the wedding party had some pictures taken and candid shots.

I had the best men go to the officiant and fill their information out in the book and the final signature during the ceremony. That cut the time for the ceremony. Also i had the wedding party hand out the programs and rituals to our guests.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and his groomsmen were mingling with guests as they arrived.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guys at my wedding were hitting golf balls for a bit, then had their pictures taken...I was hiding from my husband at that point, so I'm not sure what they were up to, but if I had to guess, i would day mingling with guests as they arrived.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At our wedding we are doing photos earlier in the day and then about a half hour before te ceremony i will disappear with my bridesmaids and the groom will be greeting guests with his groomsmen
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking my FH is going to be somewhere out and about depending on where the ceremony is being held. But definitely not hiding. I'll tell him he's not allowed lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics