Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Curious June 2022 Quebec

Grand Entrances

Rebecca, on May 12, 2022 at 20:45 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
So i'm getting married in 3 weeks. And il not sure how the Grand Entrances work.
I have both sets of parents, moh, bestman, and bridesmaid doing and entrance. So my question is where are they before the grand entrances?
During cocktail hour, i believe thats where we take pictures. Do they stay with us hiding from everyone? Or do they go to the hall, and then walk out and back in when its entrances time?
Thank you for your help

5 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on May 13, 2022 at 15:01
  • Rebecca
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank. I was really wondering how everything was going down. Im getting anxious as the day is coming very close.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one technically has to hide. The couple and all the bridal party can mingle with the crowd (in fact, I highly recommend that over hiding, unless you're off taking photos). The coordinator should be working with the venue and DJ in getting everyone seated and then gathering all of you for the grand entrance.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Rebecca,

I think this also will depend on your venue. I know for the last wedding I was involved in, there was a big common area where you got drinks, so we mingled there until they forced everyone into the dining area, and we stayed back.

For mine, I think we will also have a separate space to hide before we enter.

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on your schedule for the day - We were taking photos during cocktail hour and our coordinator scheduled it so that all the guests would be seated well before the time we got back inside (photos were outside on the grounds) so they shut the doors to the entrance to the ballroom so that we could all easily gather behind out of sight!
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! Usually you’ll mingle a bit during your cocktails (depending if you have time), and do photos. When it’s time for dinner, guests will be asked to go in, and whoever is doing the grand entrance can go and hang out in a side room until it’s time to go in. It can be awhile because depending on your guest count, can take awhile to get everyone seated, orders confirmed (if applicable) etc. hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics