Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Audrey
Frequent user July 2022 Ontario

Gluten free and regular cake vendor in gta

Audrey, on November 1, 2021 at 17:14 Posted in Ontario 0 5

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for leads on a cake vendor who can do both GF and regular cakes & cupcakes as we want to provide both to our guests. Ideally in addition to the cake they'd also be able to offer selections for a late-night sweets table in both GF and regular. I'm in Toronto / GTA. Doesn't seem like WW search features enable you to filter on things like this so hoping others have found some good vendors they can recommend.

Thank you!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Audrey, on November 2, 2021 at 09:10
  • Audrey
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Hank, I've heard of Bobette and Belle - will check out both of those!

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh ok. I thought it was maybe a guest you had invited 👌🏻
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's a bunch in the east end. Bobette and Belle as well as the Gerrard Street Bakery have regular cakes and gluten free options. Both are close to the Leslieville area.

• Audrey
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Stacey for the info. It's not actually celiac, it's primarily myself and three other family members who are both gluten sensitive but cross contamination isn't a problem. We want to find a bakery that will do both gf and regular since the vast majority of what we'll get won't be gf, but want to have a smaller supply on hand for the handful of us who need it.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know in Saskatchewan there's a number of places that will now accommodate GF, most of them are bakeries/catering that have commercial kitchens as cross contamination is serious and difficult for home businesses to guarantee. So GTA should definitely have options.

I would definitely call some places and ask if they are truly GF. Do they do their GF items first thing in the morning (after a thorough clean) to minimize cross contamination or do they do it through the day which increases the risk (even if they clean). Or do they have a separate area and bowls/utensils/equipment?

Also consider how it's served, cross contamination can happen during serving as well. If your doing buffet style, don't have the GF items out, have them in the kitchen or another room guests can't access. You don't want someone (adult or child) grabbing a regular item then mistakenly grabbing a GF item and putting it back.

I'd also try contacting some celiac groups/organizations, they may have recommendations and will have definitely checked the business thoroughly.

(Worked in two bakeries, and have an extremely celiac cousin).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics