Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Give me all the bad news

Tori, on September 30, 2019 at 15:23 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 31

Well, I've hit that point. Nothing more could go wrong and if it can - bring it on!

First the weather has taken a turn and although I know it's not set in stone, right now there is a 90% chance of rain and the amount is 23 mm....

Which means that although we still want bonfires - that doesn't mean that our guests will want to have bonfires in the rain with us...

Which also means that the river is now too high for the dock that we were going to get married on...

Which means we have to get married at the other ceremony site that they have which is not anywhere near as beautiful as the dock on the river...

And I'm just at a loss because I know that you don't plan these things, that "what will be, will be", and that all that matters is that you are getting married - but NO! This is not what I pictured man, I just need somewhere to come and let it all out without people telling me "it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be" and that "it shouldn't matter where I get married".

I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things - but I'm allowed to be upset that at the end of the day, this is NOT what I wanted and it DOES suck!

At this point I'm welcoming all of the bad news that could possibly take place on my wedding day. Hit me with it. If it's not going to be the wedding I wanted/planned then it might as well be a complete joke that we can look back at and reminisce about how bad it was! Can only do that if there are multiple things that go wrong - rain and change of ceremony aren't enough for a good story.

Anyway... soooooo excited to get married on Saturday Smiley tongue

31 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on October 8, 2019 at 12:49
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ played the wrong song for our first dance, so that memory is a little tainted unfortunately.

Hope your day was amazing despite the weather forcing some adjustments!

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You’re totally right, I would feel the same! I’m not sure I would be as willing to roll with it as you are, so serious props!!

Can’t wait to hear all about your big day Smiley ring

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

True - the one thing that crossed my mind was that now there is a 0% chance of dropping the rings in the river!! lol

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe think of all the bad things that could of happened on the dock that you are now avoiding to make yourself feel better? When I think dock, I think of that video where the dock collapses and the whole wedding party falls into the lake. At least there is 0% chance of that happening now! Other positives: fewer mosquitoes, no chance of dropping the rings into the river... umm... less dampness? 😋

I'm sorry things didn't go to plan, but I hope you have a wonderful day on Saturday.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HAHAHA it happens! everyone puts so much time money and effort into their wedding day and then crap hits the fan ugh lol

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol Thanks 😂

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First off, I am so excited that your wedding is literally days away! IT'S SO CLOSE! And second off, you can be as upset, mad, and disappointed as you want to be. You put a lot of work into planning your dream wedding and it stinks when things don't go as planned. Stupid river and rain ruining your day. Mother nature can suck a D!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes! Well sorry girl. Hope your day is still magical!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley heart Nowhere but up from here right? That or it will be one heck of a story!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man! I am totally with you on wanting to be upset and frustrated, and yes dramatic! I would feel the same way. There are things we can't control but it still freakin sucks when you've had a vision for so long. So sorry to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!! Your new spot is still lovely and I know you will make the most of it.

But it's good to get a good old rant out now. Can't wait to hear about your big day Smiley laugh Hope its the best.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, that's my mentality now that I figured out a solution Smiley tongue

I'm very dramatic which causes me to blow things up bigger than they are haha

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man this sucks to hear but who cares YOURE GETTING MARRIED YAYYYAYAY!!!!!!!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Weather can definitely change!

We live in Thunder Bay, so right on Lake Superior - where you can't trust any weather forecast lol. The rain could also happen before the ceremony and your evening be totally fine!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley heart

At least there is still time for the weather to change? Not that this will help with the dock as it's out for good now - but it went from 90% chance of 23mm of rain to now being 80% chance of 11.4mm! Just in a day! Rather have it shower all day instead of downpour Smiley smile

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol 😂 I'm really not!! Darn rain!!!!

But ya, I think we've got it figured out now but it still blows that all those gorgeous pictures that other Brides & Grooms get to take on the dock won't be something we get :/ Oh well! Maybe we can celebrate our 25th out there and get the pictures then!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley heart

Really helps to just let it all out in order to start working on it so that you don't have a "poor me" mindset and are just focused on re-planning Smiley smile

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You definitely have every bride-right to be disappointed and upset that your vision didn't work out. Of course, everyone is going to say "you're still getting married" which is true, but definitely mourn your dock loss.

Like Katelyn said, keep your chin up, Doll Smiley tongue

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that is pretty. Everything will work out!!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley heart

I think we got everything handled and even got the seating chart dealt with (3 times... because we had 3 couples change up things all last night..)!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We found another picture of the ceremony site on their website -

Give me all the bad news 1

Give me all the bad news 2

So I think this will look better. This way we have a nicer foliage of trees and don't have to worry about their plants (I would prefer none over ones that may not be in my colour scheme or just don't "fit" with my vision/aesthetic.

They don't have that arch at the other end but they said they do have an arch? So we will be there on Friday for our rehearsal supper and prep and will work it out! We rented more than enough table runners that we can use as drapery too.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girl between your basement flooding and this you’re not having a great time with the rain!

Id be annoyed too honestly. You have every right to be disappointed, cause even though it’ll still be lovely and I’m sure at the end you’ll just be happy to be married, it’s still a bummer things didn’t go to plan!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You have every right to feel disappointed. You have put so much time, effort and engery into this day. However, your venue is gorgeous if your guests can't enjoy a bonfire (and you don't know this yet) at least they can enjoy that amazing space! It'll be the wedding of your dreams. You'll fine a way to make the other space as amazing as the dock. I have faith in you. You won't go down. It'll be a perfectly imperfect day! Clouds make incredible black and white pictures. Rain (hopefully minimal) is a sign of good luck on a wedding day.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So sorry to hear this all happened to you. Chin up doll. I know it doesn't help but we are all here for you. I hope things look up for you soon.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I get what you are saying. It’s not that bad. It is still nice but your sock picture was so beautiful!
    Drape the material on the fence for sure. Do you have any extra flowers, or centrepiece material you can add if the plants are dead?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One thing wrong after another is not the greatest news to hear knowing the day is coming around. Your concerns for the guests and the ceremony site to be wed is huge and for the right reasons.

Taking a chance on the weather conditions and wet dock is what you will look back to remember as to your wedding day.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what we're here for girl! Definitely saves the family some drama, but also sometimes I feel like they could be more understanding as well - it's hard from both sides but what matters is dock or no dock your day will be perfect Smiley smile

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley smile

Love that this community is here for the venting, it makes it so much easier not only on us Brides and Grooms but on our families so they don't always have to "put up" with the drama and whatnot Smiley tongue

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get your frustration. And it's OK to be upset! You understand you're still getting married at the end of the day but still you had a vision and unfortunately now, it's different than your vision.

And that's ok too! It might not be ok right this very minute, but it'll be ok the day of Smiley smile You're getting married to your best friend and that'll be all that matters in the end.

The seating chart I'm sure will be able to take your mind off of things!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know I got a notification saying you replied but I'm thinking based on the first sentence it got taken down before I could get to it... but I'm just going to copy&paste it here and reply here as well;

"What does the other ceremony spot look like? Could you spruce it up a bit to make it a place that you could see yourself getting married in. I know it is not going to be what you wanted, but you can make the most of it!"

Here's a pic that my venue owner sent me (since there are like ZERO people that get married at the other spot you can't find any pictures online)

Give me all the bad news 3

Give me all the bad news 4

And I know, it's not "ugly" but it's a lot more rustic and farm like than the dock... the dock looked so pretty and I loved the reflection on the river :/

Going to my parent's house tonight to do the seating chart (finally!) and now we will figure out how to make it look nicer... any ideas? For the dock I had material that I was going to drape over the rails that I guess I can put on the fence - but not sure about those plants they have... or if those plants are even alive at this point...

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately no, they had to pull the dock out of the water completely for the season Smiley sad It's the other ceremony site or nothing! Which I mean, at least it means there are no decisions to be made as they have been made for us... but it's just sucky... I even posted a picture on the dock when we were at a VIP opening for the venue captioning it and thinking "this is exactly where we will be standing when we become Husband & Wife!" and now it's just... not true... which again, sucks.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You 100% can be upset that it is not the wedding you planned. There is nothing wrong with that at all, especially when you have been planning for so long. My dad looked at the weather for Friday and asked me if I had a backup plan because it was going to be "cold" I literally told him that people should be prepared as they know the ceremony is outside, and the rest of us will be fine LOL. I am the exact same way, once I have something pictured in my mind, I want it to happen that way and if it doesn't it will suck.

Can you do your ceremony right in front of the dock with the river in the background?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics