Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious October 2018 Ontario

Gifts for wedding party (bridesmaids)

Michelle, on September 8, 2017 at 16:19 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13

Happy Friday Everyone!

I've been contemplating on various gift ideas for my wedding party, all while trying to stay within a reasonable budget - which has proven to be harder than I thought (balancing something meaningful/beautiful all while not breaking the bank). I have 5 in my wedding party - which means that gift costs rack up quickly!

Any ideas? I'm open to DIY as well (if it isn't too difficult Smiley laugh ).

Thanks for your help!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on March 8, 2018 at 10:13
  • Michelle
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your suggestions! I have been referring back to them over the past few weeks! Much help!! Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find customized things to be super meaningful. You can probably find something on etsy that is reasonable priced, but personalized. One time I got a personalized jewelry tray and I loved it. Was prob only $15 ish bucks but it meant a lot more.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my girls the jewelry to wear the day of the wedding, a nice wallet and a pair of sunglasses. I started shopping really early and got some pretty good black Friday and Boxing Day deals to help keep costs down.

• Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended up getting Kate Spade earrings and panning on getting a wine glass with bridesmaids written on it as well!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting my girls -- custom hangers, robes (from etsy), and a bracelet (from Vivah 50% off sale) - so far I have spent under $80 per lady.
    I would also check out bath and body works - and watch for their clearance/end of season sales and sign up for email coupons as I bought a bunch of lotions/air scents for under $3 each!

• Momofbride(Kim)
    Alberta
    Momofbride(Kim) ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing the tote bag idea with their name on it and putting items in it that they love such as candles, lip balm, makeup and perfume. As well, we are paying for their hotel rooms and their hair and makeup the day of.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am on a site called Varage Sale. I find all kinds of great items for very little money. My MOH is receiving an adult colouring book package with pencil crayons (she loves to colour) which cost $2.00 (reg. $18.99). I also got her a gorgeous bracelet with small sapphires (not genuine) and rhinestones for $10.00. My bridesmaid is getting a lovely grey/silver/purple scarf (new at Value Village 50% off sale) for $1.50 and a beautiful brooch with lots of purple stones ($5.00) to wear with it. I groomsmen will receive Buxton leather wallets bought for $7.50 each. A leather passport folder ($5.00) and a book of his interest was bought for the best man. The book was ordered from Amazon for $20.00. Total cost $58.50 and the only things I paid tax on were the book and the scarf! Check out Varage Sale and Value Village for new items.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did the traditional jewelry giving.. buying each a gold bracelet to wear the day of. And giving my maid of honour a pair of earrings extra. I bought them champagne glasses and mini bottles of prosecco. I also did personalized thank you cards for each of them, because I'm a words of affirmation type of person lol

Gifts for wedding party (bridesmaids) - 1
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this!!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forgot to mention the Etsy jewelry I found was very affordable/inexpensive given the great quality. I paid maybe $30 for a bracelet and necklace (from two different stores on Etsy).
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found some really pretty, and good quality, jewelry on Etsy in case you wanted to get something like that.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A friend of mine picked out and bought a book for each of her bridesmaids. It was super sweet and meaningful because she picked different books for each of us.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm paying for my BMs makeup and I e put together a little tote bag with an stainless steel water bottle ($7), pashmina (2 for $25 at le chateau), candle from chapters ($4.50 on sale), hair ties from michels ($1.50 on sale) and will probably through something bath related.
    I think the key is to make sure not everything is for the wedding. I wanted to make sure they'd have something they could use all the time.

Gifts for wedding party (bridesmaids) - 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics