Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Darren
Frequent user May 2021 Ontario

Gifts for my future husband

Darren, on February 21, 2021 at 19:47 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17
Hi WW, I’m seeking some suggestions & ideas for a gift to get my FH for our wedding day. I considered a watch with engraving but I know he’ll only wear it once.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Jory, on March 4, 2021 at 01:58
  • Jory
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Jory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Write him a journal as his fiancé detailing your engagement
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You obviously know your FH better than we do so this may be a perfect gift for him, but as a fellow tough person to buy gifts for this is exactly the type of gift I hate receiving. Basically I find with gifts like these - unless they are exactly my style/aesthetic - I have no idea what to do with them because I don't want to display them in my house and don't know where to put them without just accumulating clutter. And then I end up feeling horrible and guilted into pretending I like it and finding a use for it because I know the person giving the gift spent time trying to find something and thought they did a good job finding something I would like.

Do you know what your FH's love language is or where giving/receiving gifts falls for him? For me it's dead last. I don't mind giving gifts but I hate receiving them 99% of the time. I feel like people that are tough to buy for are usually tough to buy for because they don't place value in receiving gifts. If he's the same then maybe have a conversation about whether you even want to get each other gifts.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't even realize it was common for people to buy their partners wedding gifts until I started planning my wedding. So we didn't get each other anything lol. The way I see it is that we are both already spending a ton of money on our rings, outfits, vendors, etc. We don't need to be spending more money on each other for a day that is already special enough (and expensive enough) without gifts.

If you still want to do something nice for each other maybe you can write each other a letter? I'm also really tough to buy for and I think that's what I would have asked for if my husband insisted on gifts. I think in general people that are tough to buy for don't place a lot of value in purely physical things and/or have very particular taste. Something like a letter or a gesture is a great gift for tough gift people because we receive something really meaningful but we don't have this item that we don't like or don't know what to do with. Another option if you really want to go the more physical item route is a nice bottle of alcohol or gourmet food.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had bought my Husband a White Gold Necklace as he told me when we first started dating that he wanted one, and he wears it everyday now.

• Chelsea
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am thinking boudoir pics and I want to get the inside of his suit sleeve embroidered with something! I was thinking his grandparents who passed away initials....

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I told FH I was his gift 😄 though that won't be good for anyone else.. I would go with something personal. A spa and a massage before the big day? Write each other letters the day of... maybe one of those pictures made out of the lyrics of your wedding song? The sky from the day you met or an important anniversary.
  • Tamanna
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Tamanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there, this is the best version
    https://www.thenightsky.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6bTe9rmB7wIVOQiICR2kkwG3EAAYASAAEgJzEfD_BwE

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going with sunglasses for my FH! The guy wears sunglasses every single day and always ends up wearing the free pairs he gets from work... lol. Figured it would be nice to get him a pricier pair that he may never buy for himself! The Ray-Ban and Oakley websites actually let you customize your own pair by choosing shape, inscriptions, colours, lenses, etc.

• Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both collect vinyl records so I'm planning on ordering a record through Vinylfy with a bunch of our wedding music on it
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hubby is *very* hard to buy for, so I asked him if there was something special he wanted. He surprised me by saying a watch! I found one on the fossil site that was fancier than his every day watch but still casual enough that he can wear it whenever he likes. He has worn it a handful of times since our wedding.

I would see if there is something special they want, or if there is something they want to do together as a wedding present to each other.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another option is to get experiential gifts instead of physical items. Treat him to a spa day, a special hair treatment, a wine tasting, etc.

• Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hence you see my dilemma Hank. I found this keepsake and I really like it. Gifts for my future husband 1

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A watch is an expensive gift for someone who doesn't wear watches.

What about sunglasses?

• Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m interested to see what it looks like if you can share.
  • Tamanna
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Tamanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got him a nightsky thing for the day of our wedding, it's very personal and all about us Smiley smile
  • Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He’s a tough person to buy gifts for. I think the best thing would be a watch with an inscription. May only be worn 1 a year. Lol
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does he like to wear any jewelry? In addition to watches, men sometimes wear bracelets, chains, and signet rings. If he has any piercings, an earring or stud? If he wears suits on a regular basis, tie bars and cufflinks are natural accessories for that.

How about gadget related things? Something for his computer, his phone or camera if he has one could be cool.

Maybe he's a shoe guy? Get him a pair of sneakers from a maker he's into.

If he's into playing sports, you can purchase a piece of equipment for that sport. Or you can get him a good water bottle/tumbler that he can use for sports and at the office.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics