Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Master October 2019 Ontario

Gifts!!

Casey, on July 16, 2019 at 15:14 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5

I am at that stage where I want to start looking at gifts for our wedding party, parents and each other so there is not this huge rush closer to the day.

I already have the gifts for my bridesmaids. I am paying for their hair and makeup, got them all those material elastics that say "Bridesmaid" on them, and then personalized water bottles.

The groomsmen, I am at a total loss. FH isn't sure what to get for them. So we need some ideas! There are only 4 groomsman, including a best man, but we don't want to spend too much money on them.

Parents gifts, what are you guys doing? Same thing for your parents and in laws? Different?

I have part of my gift for my FH, are you ladies getting him something to wear on your wedding day? I jokingly said that I bought him his wedding band and that should be good enough lol!

Basically I just want to see what everyone is doing for gifts, what you have done for gifts. Needing some ideas!!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sebo, on October 2, 2024 at 08:00
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Super cute for your FH. I told mine I had his gift already, and he asked if it was cheesy lol, my main gift for him is not cheesy at all, but I kind of want to get him something just to live up to that!

I am leaning more towards flasks or shot glasses, many of the guys are not " fancy" so I feel like the cuff links will be thrown in a drawer afterwards

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my FH, I got him a watch with our wedding date engraved on the back, and stole the shirt he'll be wearing on our wedding day and sewed our initials on the inside of the back of the collar, so he'll see them when he goes to put it on. Both pretty sappy I know..

As for groomsmen, I've thought cuff-links and flasks are fun and useful.

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on Etsy for our groomsmen and bought personalized flasks and a bottle opener with their title and their names on it.

I don't think we are doing gifts for the parents for the day of but we will get them a nice picture album once everything is done Smiley smile

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a super thoughtful gift for your in laws! That is the hardest one for me as they literally have everything!

My parents are huge on not spending money on them, but something sentimental is the best way to go

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting different gifts for our in-laws. My in laws are religious, so we are going to get them rosaries blessed by the Pope.

For my mom, I might buy her some type of jewelry and my stepdad I have absolutely no clue! Probably something sentimental that he can keep.

For my FH, I might get him cuff links but not for the wedding - just something he can use for work.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics