Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Gift ideas for a covid bride who has to postpone!

Carling, on May 1, 2020 at 20:40 Posted in DIY 0 12
Hey!
Everyone so my cousin was getting married this summer but is now postponing and I know she is really down about everything so wanted to bring her a little pick me up porch surprise, any ideas?

I am thinking of making her a custom mug set “future mrs/mr” “stay home so we can get married” just looking for something a bit more
Thank you in advance !

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 1, 2020 at 21:51
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mr and mrs glasses are always nice or a mrs necklace or a tank top, maybe some lingerie some bride sunglasses maybe?

• C
    Carling ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I used my cricut machine, not the best but she loved it 😊
    Gift ideas for a covid bride who has to postpone! 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nice concept of a mug to bright up their day and let them enjoy something personally made by you. Are you doing a stencil and painting on the mug itself? It would be nice to see a picture of the finished project.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your idea! I think that would be amazing, and would put a smile on her face!
    I need friends like you in my life lol

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Her favorite cake and bottle of vine or champagne! That would make me happy! Smiley smile

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!

As an upcoming bride, I too was a little down lately because I've had to postpone a few wedding things as well. So i'm not sure if this is something doable for yourself but ....

Saturday afternoon i'm sitting at home and I hear all this honking outside so I take a quick peak from my blinds and my entire wedding party ( a couple had to face time in), my mom and a few friends were all standing outside on our front driveway. My MOH (sister) coordinated the gathering with everyone and my fiance was in on it too! It honestly made my day/week/month and the best part, it didn't cost anything for the party and everyone had a wonderful time .. standing 6 feet apart.

Smiley laugh

• C
    Carling ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone! I ended up doing the mug and some goodies with it and she loved it and was so thankful 😊
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The mug sounds cute! Maybe pair it with her favorite brand of local coffee and some Bailey's? Or a bottle of wine.
  • Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree!! Put together some of her fave treats, candies, alcohol 😊😊😊
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I intended to add at the end of my first paragraph there (after my personal saga 😂) that I’m sure your cousin will be so touched that you’re thinking about her and appreciating that she’s “mourning” her wedding!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have any super creative ideas but I just wanted to tell you how thoughtful this is!! I’m sure your cousin will be beyond thrilled, no matter the gesture. I’m one of the many who has had to postpone from this summer to next. And I for one definitely feel like my wedding, which was once this big impending occasion that everyone was looking forward to, has kind of fallen off everybody’s radar/lost significance. Which is totally understandable given that we’re in the throes of a public health crisis. But it’s still sad.

As for the gift, love the idea of mugs. Maybe flesh it out with some treats/self care products? (E.g. Tea, candy, booze, bubble bath). A gift basket of sorts? If she’s settled on an alternate date maybe incorporate that into the mug design to signal your excitement for her new day?
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is a lovely idea! If it was me, baked goods would definitely make me feel a bit better! Lol (and alcohol😂)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics