Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cristina
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Getting your ducks lining up in a row

Cristina, on August 4, 2017 at 14:11 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Hi everyone so it has been 7 months of being engaged and I feel like the whole process to planning a wedding takes time till your ducks line up in a row for that perfection to happiness.

I know as the countdown goes on till the big day that everything will come together, but how can I overlook on my thoughts due to some obstacles that I feel will come up every now and then, does not matter what but how to overcome them?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on August 15, 2017 at 12:57
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ducks in a rowducks in a row

24 days for me...nothing helpful, just a bit of humour!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get the larger stuff out of the way like venue, DJ or band If your having that, officiant/ pastor whatever your having, and then do the small stuff as you go along. I've been doing that and its been great. also if you haven't found ur dress yet I would get on it. Smiley smile Happy planning!!!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all, at this time they are just thoughts. Nothing disastrous has happened yet. Will there be problems? More than likely. You probably have bridesmaids, a mother, or mother-in-law that can help you, but you have a wonderful group of brides on this forum that can guide you if you need it. Take time to talk to your fiancé and learn to solve problems together as they come up. It's good practice for the marriage.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding stress doesn't go away, so you have to find a productive way to manage it. And that means whatever works for you. I take a "plan for the worst, hope for the best" approach to things, so I've asked my venue how we deal with various issues and thought through a lot of "worst case scenarios". The venue coordinator told me not to worry about this stuff and I explained that this is how I deal with it. I envision the worst thing, realize how not bad it is, and move on.

I've also accepted that its never going to look in real life the way it looks in my head. Things happen last minute and the reality is never the same as those picture-perfect pinterest moments, across the board. Make a list of the things that are most important to you and what this day means to you. We decided that this is a celebration of us as a couple, and the happiness of our guests is our priority. So we're focusing on what makes those things the best possible, and doing our best. Our friends and family love us, and they will know we did the best we could and that's what matters.

Finally, I am lucky to have a MOH who has a ton of experience and is very level-headed. She's gone through a lot of bad instances, and she's got advice and a generally level head to get through it all. She's told me I'm not allowed a dress with pockets (she knows me so well, I collect knicknacks) and that I won't have my phone all day.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Cristina, first of all I think the most important thing you can do for your stress level is to accept that things WILL come up! But if you accept that and prepare for it, it won't seem so scary when it happened.

To make sure you are prepared I would be sure to stay as organized as possible. I would use the WeddingWire tools (in the Planning Tools section) like the budget calculator to keep your finances under control so you know how much you have left to spend if an unexpected cost arrises, and I'd use the To Do List so you know that you're on track with your timeline and won't lose out on a great vendor or forget a special element.

Here are some ideas to keep your stress level down and here are some details that you should never worry too much about. And don't forget the community is always here to help if you need ideas or just to vent! Smiley heart

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you just need to address each issue as it comes up. No point in thinking about it ahead of time. Also, make sure that everyone is on the same page so that if you need help fixing a problem, there isn't a bigger problem to fix in the end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics