Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Getting to your big day!

Melissa, on January 29, 2019 at 14:45 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

So I have been contemplating...
What do you think about taking an "Uber XL BLACK S.U.V." to and from your wedding venue? lol
I know it sounds cheesy but it is only a 15 minute ride and I don't have a bridal party. I am having the ceremony and reception at the same location. So I thought instead of renting a limousine for thousands of dollars just for them to sit around and wait until I am ready to go home I could just Uber it. The total cost for the Uber there and back will be about $120 opposed to $2000(+/-). Tell me your thoughts ladies!!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 11, 2019 at 23:29
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally have considered doing this too since our wedding is so close to our home! I'm still contemplating it.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Note to self: make a reservation!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using our own transportation lol. The wedding party will be staying at the hotel where we are getting married the night before (same with my mom and I) so we will already be there. My dad, my brother and my FH will drive themselves from my parent's house to the venue.

I think the Uber XL Black SUV is a good idea to save some money, but I would get in touch with them about reserving that day to make sure you'll get there on time!

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree it is a nice ride and much more affordable! Thanks! I will show my finance that I am not the only one hahaha
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is what I am doing! I think it is a great idea. I live in the city and my venue is in the city...I'd rather save the cash. Uber XL Black SUV is still a nice ride Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg Leah! Your venue is a surpeise?! Exciting!

I am really considering it! Now to convince the hubs lol
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a great idea and if it were an option for us I’d totally do it too.

Our wedding city doesn’t have Lyft of Uber, but I’m fine with just getting some other kind of car service.

Rumour has it that my parents’ vacation home is a 10 minute walk from the venue, so I may try to just walk. It’s right up my alley, and the weather should be good enough.
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well Uber is an app and it tells you how long it will take to arrive to pick you up. Everything is followed on a google map including the time of your arrival so I think it is a great idea. Fiance not so much. As for the ride home it wouldnt be as important. I like the idea, I think it's a great money saver lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, Uber isn't a thing in Manitoba - but it sounds like a fairly decent idea!

The only thing I would say is to be prepared to possibly run late getting to the venue or possibly having to take a cab if the uber is unavailable! I know here in Winnipeg the cab service is the worst and on a regular day I can be on hold for up to 30 minutes...

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is great point Becky. I will have to look into that.

My fiance thinks this is THE WORST idea EVER!

I think it is cost efficient. Why waste money on a limo?
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing with a Uber is hoping they are available. If you are able to figure out on contacting an uber ahead of time that offers this. Then this way you know they will be there ontime.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics