Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kali
Beginner July 2018 Ontario

Getting those last Rsvps..

Kali, on June 18, 2018 at 08:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

I am down to the last 5 days now before we have to give my venue our final guest #'s.

I am still waiting to receive a few RSVPs and think it's time to reach out to those I am still waiting for. Does anyone have tips on how to casually ask those guests if they are available or not? Without putting pressure on them or causing annoyance?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Susy, on June 28, 2018 at 16:26
  • Susy
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Susy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have each mother or father from each side reach out for you! Shouldn't have to do all the work yourself! Smiley winking

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Krista. A massive email will help remind those who may have tucked away the RSVP card in a drawer and forgot all about it. Especially this time of year when people are outside and have plans.. some things get missed. Don't be afraid to contact them and just ask. They won't be annoyed or offended, they know you need to know for the venue/food.

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is where you do the mass email reminder and a follow up phone call - annoying as it may be - you just have to put the pressure on. People forget or they are hesitant to commit - one of the reasons why I did an online RSVP because you can just re-send the link!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't worry about the pressure as you need to know. I know some of guests said they RSVP but maybe didn't click ok or confirm on the website so I just did it on their behalf.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would put pressure on them! Tell them you need to give numbers and need an answer asap. We had a few people do that to us. It was very irritating.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it is annoying and you should not be worried about "putting on the pressure" to asks guests past the RSVP deadline if they plan on coming.

This is just happened for my bridal shower, and some guests genuinely just forgot to RSVP. I think you should send them a personal message, or call them and explain the situation. That your venue requires a final head count and you would like to know if they are able to attend.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're worried about making them feel pressured, I'd suggest an email or text over a phone call (though you're more likely to get a quick response if you call them). Keep it conversational while reiterating that you need a response as soon as possible to inform your venue of your guest count, and that if you don't receive it on time, unfortunately you'll have to proceed without them.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A courteous email or call would be nice to let your guests know the date has coming up soon.
  • K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree with what Clarissa said. It’s not pushy at all & completely understandable that ppl need an answer within a reasonable timeframe. I’ve heard from countless friends/family that there’s typically a few ppl that you can count on “not counting on” to be respectful of this! It’ll work out & here’s to an amazing day!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm putting my final RSVP date a couple weeks out from the wedding, but we can change our numbers up to 72 hours prior (phew!)

I would just reach out... you have to be blunt our you are going to be the one stressing out, and that's not fair.

You shouldn't feel bad for pushing people for an answer. They are the one's who have been discourteous by now replying to your invitation in a timely manor. People know you need your numbers ahead of time, it shouldn't be an issue.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I called or texted people and just said, "We found out some RSVP's didn't make it to us that got mailed, and since we didn't receive yours, I wanted to check in in case the post office lost it! We hope you can join us"

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just sent out e-mails to specific people stating that we needed to know if they were coming or not as we needed to let vendors know.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What Clarissa said. I Facebooked those that I was missing, but since you're only a few days away, trying to connect with them by phone will be best.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Clarissa, it's nothing to feel overwhelmed or nervous about! Bottom line is that you NEED to know and they failed to inform you. If anything you should be putting pressure on them because it was their simple task to let you know if they were coming and they did not. If they give the answer of "Oh, I still don't know - can I get back to you?" This close to the wedding I would apologetically say "Unfortunately I do need to know now. If you get back to me by tonight that would be great but if not I will be putting you down as not attending." (I'm quite the straightforward/blunt/no filter kind of girl)

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just reach out in a phone call go with something like “we are finalizing the last few details for the wedding and I noticed we don’t have your rsvp. I just wanted to check with you to see if you are able to join us for the day”.

If your uncomfortable doing it yourself maybe get a parent or other family member to call and see if their coming.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics