Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dana
Newbie May 2022 Quebec

Getting ready on the day!

Dana, on October 23, 2019 at 09:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

Hi all!

I have been debating on where my bridesmaids and I should get ready the day of the wedding

Do you have any ideas!?

I am from Montreal and I am just debating where we should get dressed and do our hair and makeup!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on October 27, 2019 at 09:29
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of the girls are getting ready at my parents house and all of the guys are getting ready at my future mother in laws house
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was part of an out of town wedding where we met at the salon for hair appointments and drove about an hour to the resort where the couple was having their honeymoon for make up, dressing, and photos. We all saved money by going to the hair dresser instead of bringing the hair dresser to us (some charge a lot to travel and the bride trusted one from our hometown)
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue is a hotel (resort technically) so we will be getting ready there since we’ll be staying the night before.
    My cousin didn’t have a hotel wedding and we still got ready at one. We spent the night together so it just made sense
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our whole wedding was in a hotel, so we booked a suite to get ready in.

See if your venue has a bridal suite, and if not, I'd recommend getting a hotel suite nearby - our morning was so stress-free!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were married in Japser so we upgraded to a suite and the girls all got ready in our hotel room. Nice and spacious.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got ready at the bed and breakfast that my husband and I booked.

But lots of people get ready at the bride's home or bride's parent's place. Also check if your venue has a bridal suite or something similar. Just ensure that whatever you decide, that there's a room for snacks for the girls, lots of loungey spaces, decent lighting, and room for all of you plus hair and makeup people.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im just getting ready at home. the girls are all coming by my house in the am!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting ready at home.

Some venues have bridal suites you can rent to get ready in. There’s also the hotel option as well.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there a spot at your ceremony/reception venue?

Hotel nearby?

Otherwise I would choose whoever has the biggest/closest house. I'm sure they wouldn't mind offering up their house for getting ready Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics