Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie May 2022 Ontario

Getting Ready Location Ideas- Hamilton/niagara

Christine, on July 21, 2021 at 07:23 Posted in Ontario 0 3
Hi Everyone!
I need some help with deciding where to get ready for our wedding. My fiancé and I will be doing first look photos and all of our bridal party photos and portraits before our ceremony. We aren’t getting ready at our venue as we have to start hair and makeup before we would even get the venue space. Our ceremony is at 5 pm in Stoney Creek. Any suggestions on how the rest of you are planning to do this if you are doing first look photos?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on July 21, 2021 at 13:05
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, once the first look is completed, you will all go to the location for photoshoot and then go to your reception venue.

Oh totally understandable, I love that idea. I did not think about it when my fiancé and I spoke until I read your message and it makes perfect sense to do it that way!
    I’m happy to help! 😄 Thank you! Wishing you luck and fun in your wedding planning as well. Cheers 🥂
  • C
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Tunisha,

Actually that's a great point, I didn't think of doing the first look photos in a backyard. I originally was thinking that we meet at the photo location to do the first look photos, but this might be easier to do everything first so we can all travel to a photo location for the rest of the pictures together.

We had discussed both options as well, my fiancé really wanted to wait to see me until the ceremony, but for our photography package, and wedding timeline it makes the most sense to get everything done before the ceremony. Good luck with the rest of your planning and thank you so much for your suggestion!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Christine,

That sounds like a great plan.Do you have any idea of locations that you’ll like to get ready at with a nice backyard option? Like family’s house or friends house that would accommodate the getting ready portion and first look?
    My fiancé and I are somewhat old fashion. Haha. He would like to see me walk down the aisle first, so we will not be doing the first look. But I totally understand that the first look would be amazing to get photos out the way and keep cocktail hour to a min or not at all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics