Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amy
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Getting ready areas

Amy, on January 23, 2020 at 15:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
So I'm having a hard time figuring out what we should do in terms of where we get ready for the wedding. I don't believe the venue has a bridal suite or gentleman's lounge type area so I'm trying to ask around as to what most people do.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amy, on January 24, 2020 at 00:38
  • Amy
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the help!
  • Amy
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's great that you had that option! I think we are going to go with hotel for the girls and the guys are gonna hangout at my fiance's bosses Brewery.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting ready at FH's Nanna's (I guess my future Nanna!) as she is the closest to the venue, has a large living room with lots of natural light and was just so darn excited about hosting a slumber party for me and my girls the night before haha. Other weddings I have been in, we have gotten ready at a hotel or the venue so that is my advice as well.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on the venue, your home can be the getting ready area as one of the bridesmaid drives you over on time. A hotel nearby with the wedding party may be of help to get to the venue if the time of hair and make up is early and everyone is there present.

• Amy
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's a good idea! Thank you.
    We live 40 mins from where were getting married so it's a bit out there.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It might be worth the extra money to avoid the added stress. And the wedding party doesn't need to sleep there, unless you're getting married far from home.
    The rooms on the same floor should be easy enough for the photographer without running too much risk of the bride or groom seeing each other before the ceremony (if you're being traditional).
    An Air B&B could also work if you want to spend the night with your girls before getting ready.
  • Amy
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking about a hotel as well! I'm just trying to think of how much that would cost since we each have six people in our wedding parties, but would make sense since we are planning on getting a room for the night of the wedding anyway. I'm more concerned about the fact that our photographer is single shooting so I don't want to exclude photos of the guys getting ready also. So would it make sense to book the rooms next to each other?
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue has space for us, but if it hadn't I was planning on either booking a hotel room or using a friend's home near by.
    We aren't planning getting ready photos so I was more worried about something close rather than something pretty.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics