Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Getting ready

Kelly, on January 8, 2019 at 12:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

We have a mixed bridal party. I have a guy friend standing up with me and my fiance has a girl friend standing up with him.

She will be getting her hair and makeup done, so she'll have to be with us where the makeup and hair girls will be.

But should my guy friend then get ready with the guys? or us?

Anybody else had a mixed bridal party with advise on how to navigate this?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Cecil, on January 10, 2019 at 04:36
  • Cecil
    New South Wales
    Cecil ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally had just a party for girls: I suggest that guys should have their own party and girls - their own. At least it is his and her last clear bachelor party.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a mixed bridal party, I have a guy and 2 girl and he has 2 girls. We have decided to all get ready at our house and have half upstairs and half downstairs so we can have the same hair stylist for everyone.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If neither person cares, I would say that you should have the groomswoman get her hair and makeup done first out of the group so she can go to the guys to hang out for a longer period of time. As for your bridesman, I would say he could just stay with you and your girls.

If at any point either of them feel uncomfortable they can find their way to the opposite rooms.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That almost complicates things lol!

My FH is having a best woman and she is getting ready with him. She's not big on makeup, hair, etc and is actually wearing a suit! She'll be doing her own as opposed to having it professionally done, which I'm ok with!

You could also have him go over to the guys for a bit and come back after more of the makeup and hair is done.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've asked. Our bridal party's favourite phrase is "whatever you guys want!" hah. I just wanted to gauge how others have done it since nobody in the party really cares, they just want to be told where to be and when.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is having a groomsmaid in his party, so we’ve talked a bit about this. We think it’s important that she get ready with him and the other guys; she’s there to support him, so why would she leave? The wedding party gets such limited alone time with the bride or groom before the wedding chaos. I love the girl who my FH chose as his groomsmaid, but i want that time with my bridal party.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On my side I have my FH's sister! She is planning on having her hair and makeup done first, and then she'll head over to my FH to do some family photos and things with him! After the photographer is done with the guys, she and the photo team will come and do getting ready pics with us!

So if your FH's Groomswoman wants to go to you and have her hair/makeup done first and then head over to the guys I think that would be best! And I think your Bridesman should get ready with you! Please put him in a cute/floral getting ready robe with the rest of the girls that would be excellent haha!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everything she said!

i think its a great way for the groomaid and groomswoman to hang out with the other side.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kelly,

It depends on what you are comfortable with. Keep in mind the other girls in the bridal party might not be comfortable getting ready with a guy so it might be better off to have him get ready with the guys since your fiance's girl is getting ready with you girls.

It also gives your guy friend a chance to hang out with your FH if the two of them are close or if not, a chance to get to know each other better. Also your guy friend might not be comfortable with the girls and want to go with the guys, doesn't hurt to ask him!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics