Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner June 2022 Saskatchewan

Getting ordained in Saskatchewan.

Stephanie, on May 1, 2021 at 19:31 Posted in Saskatchewan 0 2
Hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone has had a friend or family member get ordained to marry you here in Saskatchewan? Are you able to get ordained if not religious? Can you get ordained if you are not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada?
Our wedding is in June 2022, any info about getting ordained would help! Thanks in advance!!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 28, 2021 at 13:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Family or friend can't officially marry you unless they did the course online and earned their license for being an Officiant. You would need to find a legal Officiant who is certified to marry you and a good source for religious and civil Officiants is: Wedding Ceremonies by All Seasons - Canada's Best Wedding ... https://allseasonsweddings.com This site will have the locations and reviews to look Officiants and email them for further inquiry and meeting online/in person.
  • Candice
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I could be wrong, but my friend looked into doing this and she was told in Canada, we can't do this. They are not religious and wanted a friend to marry them and not a stranger, so they quietly went to city hall a few days before the wedding, with just the two friends and got married. Then the actual wedding day, they had their friend marry them. But like I said, I could be wrong, this was a few years ago.. maybe things have changed

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics