Skip to main content
Stephanie
Beginner June 2022 Saskatchewan

Getting ordained in Saskatchewan.

Stephanie, on May 1, 2021 at 19:31 Posted in Saskatchewan 0 2
Saved
Hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone has had a friend or family member get ordained to marry you here in Saskatchewan? Are you able to get ordained if not religious? Can you get ordained if you are not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada?
Our wedding is in June 2022, any info about getting ordained would help! Thanks in advance!!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 28, 2021 at 13:13
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    Family or friend can't officially marry you unless they did the course online and earned their license for being an Officiant. You would need to find a legal Officiant who is certified to marry you and a good source for religious and civil Officiants is: Wedding Ceremonies by All Seasons - Canada's Best Wedding ... https://allseasonsweddings.com This site will have the locations and reviews to look Officiants and email them for further inquiry and meeting online/in person.
  • Candice
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    I could be wrong, but my friend looked into doing this and she was told in Canada, we can't do this. They are not religious and wanted a friend to marry them and not a stranger, so they quietly went to city hall a few days before the wedding, with just the two friends and got married. Then the actual wedding day, they had their friend marry them. But like I said, I could be wrong, this was a few years ago.. maybe things have changed

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics