Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marie
Frequent user August 2022 Alberta

Getting married for the 2nd or 3nd time

Marie, on February 12, 2017 at 12:03 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18

Hello Ladies and gents

Is anyone getting married for the 2nd or 3nd time (or more)

Is anything you will do different or that you learned and will do better.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on February 17, 2017 at 21:51
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh thanks Tina! Yea for us who found us some good ones!!!
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am very glad you found your FH. I believe everyone deserves to be happy and be loved. It is a great man that can love and understand.😀
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's great Tina!!! It took me about a year and a half before I could even put 1 foot in front of the other! I didn't want to date one because I didn't trust, and I wanted to make sure I was over that before dating another guy and making him pay for someone else's mistake. So glad I got my head in the game I because I never thought a guy like my FH existed and we would have never met if I stayed stuck in the past. Super happy that your FH is a great support for you and your kids! Smiley smile
  • Tina
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you😀 I take one day at a time. My FH is very understanding and very loving. In the beginning of our relationship I had a hard time to trust but he helped me see that not all guy's are like my ex. He also showed my kids that you can be in a relationship with out all the yelling and screaming in the home.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my first as well, however I am 43 and have had a few long relationships that I thought I might marry that person, but turns out it wasn't meant to be. I've known my FH for 19 years (I was in a relationship when we first met, but decided to stick it out, and we went our separate ways), and I couldn't imagine my life without him. I agree with your comment about communication being key!!!! It is his 2nd marriage.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm so glad you found the right guy!!!! Congratulations! I know how crushing infidelity can be!!! It's super difficult to get over that kind of betrayal! Totally speaking from experience, so I know the strength you have and what you went through to move on! Glad you found your happily ever after!!!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Há! Funny you say that Mareve...My FH teases me about the 20000 times I day I tell him how I feel about him! But I tell him all the time, that I never want anyone I love, not to know how I feel about them . God forbid something happens to them or me, they will I know how I felt about them. Thanks so much for that marriage advice as well. It's a great reminder to read! To me communication is key to survival!!! Smiley smile I'm also sorry you went through those previous experiences but glad how strong you are as a result! Smiley smile
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello MelissaSometimes our choices often considered as mistakes lead us to a better life. I have no regrets and I am thankful for each and every day that I have. The present is a gift. I thank my FH for each and everyday that I have with him. I thank him for his patience, love and understanding. He thinks it's funny because I haven't missed one day in years.
  • Tina
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do have photo's of us as kids but would need to get my mom to pull them out. I am planning to have some of our photo's at our wedding. I am my own best friend too. It's really hard to trust after what happened.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry you went through that. Truly breaks my heart, but I am so happy you have found real love.

This is my first marriage, and I appriciate your advice and insight very much.

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Tina,Thank you for sharing it is amazing that you already knew the love of your life since childhood! Do you have picture taken together as children? I am sorry to hear about what happen with your "best friend". I don't believe in best friends due to similar past betrayals. I decided to be my own best friend. I respect myself much more and find to be happier since.
  • Tina
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This my second marriage. My first one wasn't great but we were best friends. We have three kids together and we're married 23 years. We just didn't love each other. The last 2 years all we did was fight and then he slept with my best friend. I said I would never marry again after that but this great guy came back in to my life. He showed me that I do deserve love and how it felt to be truely happy. My FH and I have know each other since we're 5. He is my other half.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My first and planning on only wedding... I really enjoyed our pre wedding counseling... We learned what our strengths are as a couple and potential pitfalls in our relationship... An outside prospective sometimes helps... We also felt closer after counseling, more connected.
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't been to pre wedding counselling, it is somehing we will consider to do.

Our date isn't official yet because I just enrolled into a 18 months Massotherapie program at the College. So we put it on back burner. I'll be still active on this site because I like to support others but I don't know when we will be having our big day.

Have a wonderful week I am back to my stydying!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Marieve, for me this is my first marriage. I read your comments and have to say that it's good that you posted this discussion as others can share and relate if they are going through a similar situation. Wishing you all the best in your married life to come!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow Marieve! This is such an important love lesson! Smiley heart I feel very touched that you're sharing this with us. It feels like this time you're really in a healthy relationship and I'm really happy for you! I think what you're saying is really important. It's important to listen to oneself and have a good communication with our partner, so we can go forward together. Smiley smile Have you done any pre-wedding counselling? I think that's the type of advice or tips they're giving too.

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Emilie, I think it is so wonderful that you take time to read everyone's post! Or as many as you can!This will be my 3nd time! Our 8th year anniversary is around the corner... we decided to take our time before getting officially itched.11 years ago When I applied for my 1st marriage licence in Alberta I was reminded that I got married at 19 years old in Quebec city... I forgot that I did that. It was annulled 3 days after... He was still married and didnt tell me. He was taken to court and did a short jail sentence.
    2nd Time is very painful to mention needless to say if you are in a abusive relationship specially involving a child don't stay in the relationship because of your vows.Counselling didn't help. Our marriage last about 5 months.
    The 3nd time is the charm, we already consider each other married. We never had heated arguments, we get along very well if their is anything that bothers us we talk about it without raising our voices.

I learned about communication, and not getting married to please the family. Listen to your gut! If you feel like you need to say no do so! Don't get married just because of having a child prior marriage, don't get married because it will be better financially.Specially if you are constantly fighting and screaming at each other's. That's what I learned.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Marieve! Smiley heart Thanks for starting this discussion! I think this is such an interesting topic and I can't wait to read everyone's answers on this. I'll pass it around if I see other people who have a similar story.

What about you? Have you been married in the past? What did you learn? Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics