Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marwa
Newbie May 2022 Ontario

Getting married August 2021

Marwa, on January 13, 2021 at 18:46 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I got engaged Jan 2019 and we've got our wedding planned for August 2021. We both come from big families with a lot of people coming from all over the globe. We are now considering postponing since we're not too keen to budge on the number of people.

I was reading that it'll be September until we see the population fully vaccinated, which makes me a bit worried about the August wedding.

Looking forward to starting the conversation!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Arden, on January 29, 2021 at 13:26
  • A
    Beginner November 2021 Ontario
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay good for you guys Smiley smile gives you more time to plan too!!
  • Marwa
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Marwa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Arden, I feel like you guys might be okay because most people will be vaccinated by then? We actually decided to postpone until next year!
  • Marwa
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Marwa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Arden Smiley smile thanks for your response. We actually have about 165 for our wedding so about the same! November may be looking good I think since it’ll be some time since people have gotten vaccinated. But like you said it’s uncertain now. Do you guys need to make a certain headcount for your venue? I saw this article here: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5856702 that shows Ontario’s vaccination plan. It’s just hard to say on if they’ll stay on track with timing.
  • A
    Beginner November 2021 Ontario
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ah this is tough since everything is so uncertain right now. Our wedding is set for November 2021 and we planned on inviting 160 people. But now i’m starting to think this probably won’t be possible! We are debating if we should still send out the save the dates to everyone , and see closer to the actual date what we are allowed for number of guests. Or we are considering just cutting it down now to like 50 or 75 people. How many guests are you planning for your wedding?
  • Marwa
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Marwa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Hank, appreciate the advice!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Even with critical mass on vaccinations, I highly doubt certain restrictions will relax in the short term. If you're dead set on only celebrating with everyone present, then I think postponing is your only option to guarantee that, especially since you have people travelling internationally to attend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics