Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2022 Quebec

Getting Diys to your venue - logistic nightmare or I'm overthinking??

Meg, on January 19, 2021 at 15:34 Posted in DIY 0 5
Hi everyone! I'm super new to anything wedding related and as I'm beginning to plan, I'd like to save on costs wherever possible! One thing I've been seeing a lot is DIY decor, centrepieces, favours, and even cakes and I love those ideas!

My only question for all the DIY brides is how and when are you getting your DIYs to your venue?? I know some brides are lucky and get to set things up the night before at their venue, but mine is a popular reception hall and will likely have another event going on the night before mine.... I still haven't met with anyone at the hall to see how they coordinate these things, but it's making me anxious already.
I hope I can make a few DIYs to add my personal touch to my wedding but with the logistics of it I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Let me know how it worked for your wedding and any tips you can give me! Smiley heart

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 20, 2021 at 14:59
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have a day of coordinator booked. Since we can't set up the night before the wedding, she will be taking everything for us (centerpieces, flowers, front table entrance way etc.) and setting all of our stuff up for us so we don't have to worry about anything.

• M
    Beginner July 2022 Quebec
    Meg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much everyone for the tips and what you are doing for your weddings! I might go with centrepieces delivered by a florist since there will probably just be too much to transport but maybe DIYing the bouquets for myself and bridal party would be easier since no transport really required. Let us know of any other little DIY projects you're doing if you guys want to share ! Smiley heart
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on what you're DIYing and how you're doing it. Regardless of what's happening at your venue there's some stuff you can bring either the day before or the week of for storage as long as they're small and won't take up too much space. This includes small centerpieces, linens, cutlery and plates. Anything with fresh flowers can't be stored the night before as most venues are not temperature controlled for them to stay in fresh bloom for the duration of a night. That means the florist need to deliver them to the venue the morning of. While it would be nice to store large decor items like furniture and drapery, I wouldn't expect it especially since you think the venue will have something going on the night before.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our plans changed due to covid but our day of coordinator was going to bring and set up any DIY decor to our venue. If it was possible to get the venue the night before I probably would have done it myself but we couldn't get access until a few hours before the ceremony.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As long as there is no wedding the night before we can set up the day before. If not I have my sister and two other friends on stand by to do the decorating. My sister is an interior designer so I'm sure she will be able to set up beautifully for me. We are having less than 100 people so there shouldn't be too much setting up. Just the centerpieces, candy bar, putting the cake out (which venue may do since cake cutting is part of the service), any extra flowers I want. Actually moving stuff i have things in tote bins already and a truck. Its local and not far from my house so not too much if there have to be two trips.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics