Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2020 Ontario

Getting a decorater and coordinator

Mahsa, on September 27, 2019 at 14:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Hi everyone!

how did you decide finding your decorist, florist and coordinator? Did you go with one person? Did you go with what your hall/venue recommended? I'm getting overwhelmed with amount of vendors out there for this service and not sure where to begin.

Did you already have a budget in mind before you met them? Theme in mind?

Are you happy that you got a day of month of planning or did you wish you didn't get one?

I'm obviously on a budget and want my venue to look nice and pretty. I do want a coordinator at minimum for day of. The person that my venue venetian recommended advised me that they can get me a deal through getting lower price with their vendors (so i do save in long term).

Thanks for input!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 1, 2019 at 16:15
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a budget for every item. then i emailed a ton of decor and flower places to get their prices and met with the ones in my price range and then booked. i also asked vendors for discounts as well. i found some of the vendors my hall sent were super expensive so after i got their prices i didnt bother contacting them.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Mahsa!!

your guest count is similar to mine! We get a venue coordinator as well, however, like you said they don’t do much - only things related to the actual venue.

i went with a decor/florist that my mom used for her wedding a few years ago. I’m happy I went with someone who does both - it’s just easier and cuts out an extra additional company.

I had no theme in mind at all for the decor or the florals, I just let her know what colours we were doing and she came up with ideas from there. I had no budget in mind because I wasn’t familiar with how much this actually costs. I got her to do my quote and I decided from there whether that was in my budget or we had to tweak it - we ended up removing some items to lower the price.

Im not getting a day of coordinator because I don’t think I need one to be honest. I’m pretty organized and on top of things so I’ll be following up with vendors until the very last day before the wedding and then my parents will likely take over and make sure everything is done at the venue while we’re taking pictures.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue came with a day of coordinator which was really helpful. I didn't get a decorist. And for florist I got quotes from pretty much every florist in the city and chose the cheapest/most professional one out of the bunch. I'm very happy with who I chose for my wedding.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You definitely don't need the stress of putting everything together the day of your wedding. I would start with the people your vendor suggested and maybe get a few extra quotes to makes sure that the price is realistic. It doesn't cost anything for quotes.
  • M
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you all! Just wanted to add that my wedding is roughly 200 people and it only comes with day of captain which doesnt do much. We do have lots of out of town gusets coming so I do want it to go smooth.

I'm also not huge fan of the backdrop curtain and want to make that party pretty. We only get access to the venue on day of and need to break it down same night Smiley sad

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to DIY any decorating. I have a clear vision of what I want. The venue will set up tables, napkins, tableware and silverware. I can bring in any decorations I like. As long as they don't have a wedding the night before (I'm not too worried they will) I'll be able to go in and set up. Even though I have only a MOH I have enough people willing to help set up.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Decor - did it ourselves! Save major bucks by diy!

Florist - did it ourselves! My Baba is a florist as well as we went with artificial flowers so it's not a waste of money or flowers. If she wasn't able to help we probably still would do artificial and did it ourselves, just would be a bit more money and not look as good Smiley tongue

Coordinator - went with the one our venue had offered (venue owner) but she had to back out unfortunately. Now that we had a second chance to think it over we are glad we didn't go with one as it's not needed when our wedding party is 5 on my side and 5 on his as well as our immediate family helping.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics