Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie July 2019 British Columbia

Get engaged with bf's grandma's ring? or ring i want??

Joy, on July 13, 2017 at 07:00 Posted in WeddingWire 0 6
Hey ladies!
So my bf's grandmother gave her engagement ring to him to give to the woman he will marry years ago. HONESTLY its not my style and like any other girl I was dreaming of having my own ring! BUT I don't want to diminish its sentimental value! Then my bf asked me if it would be okay for him to propose to me with his grandmothers ring and then later give me the ring that I want (obvs before we get married)I wouldn't mind that idea at all!What do you guys think???

6 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on July 25, 2017 at 10:02
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It might be possible to "weld" the old ring to a new one, thereby keeping the traditional ring while designing your own around it. My FH received his grandmother's wedding band to give to me. It's just a plain gold band and not really what I would have chosen, but it made him happy that I would be wearing it. This is not my first marriage and I have 3 adult sons from the first marriage. I have offered one son, who has a long time girlfriend, the engagement ring his father gave to me.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a beautiful compromise! Good man you got there
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Joy! I think it's a good idea! Smiley heart Do you already have a ring in mind? Ring Choose - Inspiration Wedding Ring - Wedding Selfie: Show off your Ring - What ring did he choose? Here I send you some inspiration. xx

• J
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I dont think it would be an option to remake the ring whatsoever since its quite an old ring and its thinning out. I just dont want to reject the ring since he does value it a lot
  • J
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont think it would be an option to remake the ring whatsoever since its quite an old ring and its thinning out. I just dont want to reject the ring since he does value it a lot
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can he propose with the ring and then take elements of it and design a new one? I have no idea what it's like but you could take the stones from it and make it your own.
    Otherwise, if you don't like it, I would just ask him to propose to you with a new ring. He doesn't seem that attached to it being his Gramma's ring so just talk it out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics