Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fun with photos - Polaroids, disposable cameras, photo booths?

Joey, on October 30, 2018 at 08:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

Will you and your guests get to play paparazzi at your wedding? Will taking photos be part of the night's entertainment? How are you incorporating some fun photography into your day?

A Polaroid guest book?

Fun with photos - Polaroids, disposable cameras, photo booths? 1

Alex & Taylor's guest book at their ON wedding

Disposable cameras on the tables for a bit of "I Spy"?

Fun with photos - Polaroids, disposable cameras, photo booths? 2

Photo from Pinterest

A photo booth for some extra silly fun?

Fun with photos - Polaroids, disposable cameras, photo booths? 3

Photo by Press 2 Start Photobooth in Mississauga

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on November 1, 2018 at 15:19
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a Polaroid guestbook; however, I can't be bothered as I'm not sure how many guests will utilize it the way it's intended to be.

I have an Instax and it’s impossible for me to use it around my friends as is without them wanting a copy or trying to fight me for the better copy so I'm sure it'll turn into the same type of situation.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been wanting one and saw the pictures come out a little blurry. I would use it for crafting projects or scrapbook. I also found extra films to be expensive at the same time.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're building our own Wedding Day Snapchat filter... I did disposable cameras at my cousin's baby shower a few years ago and they were just awful... so I wouldn't waste my money on that again.

People can just focus on the dancing! No photobooths for us!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of polaroid's but I think they're a little too expensive for us, PLUS, everyone has a smart phone and social media, so it's easy to get candid pictures from the day.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with you 100%!!!
    Polaroids : Went to a wedding with this. It was a fun idea but, one group kept retaking pictures because they didn't like the look or their poses. Another group took multiple pictures and kept the doubles as a souvenir. By the end of the cocktail hour, they actually ran out of Polaroids and more than enough guests didn't get a chance to include their photos.

Photo booth : Overdone and sorta takes away from the rest of the party, IMO.

Polaroids: I don't think it's worth it. If you consider how much you'll have to pay to get them developed and how many pictures are actually going to come out alright!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a Polaroid guestbook and a photo booth! My FH is big on the photo trend for weddings lol

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are considering the photobooth! Just have to see if it works in the budget!

I love my Polaroid camera but the film is way too expensive... and I don't think it would work the best in a venue/dark space at all

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

....Probably not? I can't see us doing this as this trend has been so overdone that I can't see myself doing it. The only idea I like would be the disposable cameras but when they cost is $125 plus tax for only 10 of them... I can't justify it at the moment.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics