Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Colleen
Curious April 2022 Ontario

Fun Discussion! Entrance and First Dance Songs!

Colleen, on January 19, 2021 at 21:19 Posted in Wedding ceremony 2 29

This is a stressful time for most of us (if not all of us) and I wanted to offer a topic that could just be some fun! What are some song suggestions to play while walking down the aisle or for first dances?

If you want something unique you should check out a band called Needtobreathe. We are having our first dance to their song "Banks" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjEyK1ia43s) but they also have these songs I'd recommend checking out: Clear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3u-emDRLh4 and Count on me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glo6m1Bqdjo

For a fun song (with the tiniest amount of language) I think this could be so good, especially for all the covid bride and grooms lol: Makin' A Move (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4iMiIZo2LU)

Can't wait to hear some of your suggestions!

29 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on February 11, 2021 at 22:24
  • M
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance song is going to be "Beautiful Crazy" by Luke Combs, my fiancee and I have always thought that song describes me to a T !

Our entrance song is going to be the Friends theme song since that is how this whole crazy thing got started!

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So for our entrance song, we are going with All Star by Smash Mouth. When we first got engaged, my brother kept pushing for us to have a Shrek themed wedding (no idea why, he's just weird) and since that it's become a running joke between everyone. Because of that, I wanted to incorporate one Shrek thing that we can all laugh at and enjoy.

For our first dance, we are doing the accoustic version of All You Need to Know by Gryffin, and will actually have the original fade in for the last drop (we're an EDM couple). It's going to be so us!

• Amber
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a huge country fanatic, but he only really listened to it in the 90s/early 00s because he had to (sister and mom were into it). That being said, because he was "subjected" to country music back then, he did very much enjoy the music of Canadian Country Singer Paul Brandt - which is perfect because I love him too! So we are going with an oldie but goodie of Paul's (and stereotypically "wedding" song) "I Do." Lonestar's Amazed was a second choice, because he remembers that song too and also loves their song Mr. Mom. We will probably have it play directly after "I Do" and invite other couples to the dance floor at that time.

As for ceremony music... we have a few. For me it's "She's Nova Scotia" by Rita MacNeil. We are having a maritime-infused/nautical themed wedding on the shores of Lake Superior in Ontario. We met while we both lived in Halifax and he followed me home to Thunder Bay last year. He's considering "100 Years" by Five for Fighting because it's a song that resonates with him. We aren't sure what to choose for bridal party or others... probably something instrumental. We will have another instrumental maritime-y feel song for guests arriving called "Ashokan Farewell."

• Janina
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Janina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am Latin and my fiancé is Greek-Canadian, we love different genres. For the walking down the aisle will be playing Athair Ar Neahm by Enya, for the entrance Get it loud by JLo and for the first dance Somebody by Depeche Mode. One other song that we might do to invite people to the dance floor (health restrictions permitted) is Flor Pálida by Marc Anthony.
  • L
    Curious June 2020 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have any entrace song for our ceremony because it was a covid wedding. Just us, my parents as witnesses, and the officiant standing in an outdoor space, no aisle or anything.

When we do get around to having a reception we plan to have our first dance to Tu Amor Me Hace Bien by Marc Anthony. It's traditional in my husband's culture to dance salsa as your first dance and it was one of the first songs we danced to together.

• Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Another good one from the Arkells! Also going to be on our playlist 😁
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great choice! We’ll definitely be playing And Then Some at our wedding ☺️
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right, so good! Yeah I was considering the acoustic version from Campfire Chords (such a good album), but was hoping a fully instrumental version with no lyrics existed somewhere :') Maybe we'll go with acoustic My Heart's Always Yours...

• E
    Newbie September 2021 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there! There is an acoustic version of And Then Some! It’s ok the Campfire Chords album. I love Arkells as well!
  • Courtney
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg! I love this!
    I was seriously considering having Jurassic Park theme song during the ceremony, played by vitamin string quartet haha
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're still brainstorming, so this thread is super helpful to get the ball rolling!

Right now I'm kind of leaning towards acoustic version of Simply the Best (like from Schitt's Creek) to walk down the aisle, or an acoustic/instrumental version of And Then Some by the Arkells. No idea about what to play when signing the certificate yet :') Maybe Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran? Once we've been announced as husband and wife at the end of the ceremony, definitely You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall & Oats (I love it and my fiance is a huge Leafs fan, it's their goal song).

Not doing a first dance, as the idea of people watching us slow dance is horrifying to us xD

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE this! We're huge Arkells fans as well and I was trying to look into an instrumental version of And Then Some to walk down the aisle, but not sure if it exists...

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours isn't your typical first dance song at all but we are doing Cop Car, the Sam Hunt version.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like it! Thanks 😊 I’ve never actually been to a wedding that I wasn’t in so perhaps I was just too focused on my part to notice any specific music haha Smiley smile
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know that the weddings we have been to, they usually have a bit of music going while they're signing the marriage certificate. It's not a necessity, but I think couples sometimes do it so that guests aren't sitting in silence while they're busy signing.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I didn’t think of that! Is that something people generally do? Smiley smile
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe that could be the song playing while you guys are signing your marriage certificate??
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance is going to be Tangled Up In You by Stained (Picked by my FH). Haven't really thought of a song to walk down the aisle to, but maybe I've Had the Time of my Life instrumental or something

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This song is quite a close second for first dance - it’s not an artist either of us are familiar with, but when I first heard it on the radio I thought it was pretty perfect. I want to find someway to incorporate it into our ceremony or reception as well, if anyone has any suggestions Smiley smile
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0yW7w8F2TVA

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our song has always been 11:11 by the Arkells and we’re planning to go with the acoustic version that was released a few years ago. I’m trying to convince my fiancé we should have it shift partway to the original so we’re not dancing to a slow song in the spotlight for too long 😅 no idea what song I’ll walk down the aisle to, but if I can find something that works I’d really like it to be a Green Day song since they’ve been my favourite band forever. The Arkells are a close second though!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The story is just choosing the song by genre, artist and other categories that didn't seem to work of searching on the net. The same song for First Dance is as Caitlyn Truly Deeply Madly. We seem to share the same taste in music. That song was approved by my husband too and it was done.

The aisle walk down was meant to be cultural and memorable of what we have been through together. The song chosen by myself was a story of losing and gaining love for each other.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to tell the whole story of our first dance 🤣
    When I first started catching feelings for my fiancé, he had no idea that I was interested in him. I was unsure and I didn’t want to rush into anything.
    There was a 30 day Instagram music challenge and he posted everyday. One of the days was “a song you’d like played at your wedding”. When I heard the song playing I realized there’s no denying that I had feelings for him because my heart must have skipped multiple beats. The song was forever and ever amen by Randy Travis and I thought to myself that is the kind of man I would like to marry one day. It’s never been a question for us that our first dance would be forever and ever amen. We are going with the cover sung by music travel love. Because it has been done beautifully and it was slowed down to be better for a first dance. We chose the one with just the man singing it not the one with the girl singing too.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I came here to say NICE! Smiley laugh

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually ended up picking the song I will walk down the aisle to after reading another message board on here where someone had mentioned this song. It is the Jurassic Park theme done by the Piano Guys. I loved this version and I played it for my fiancee and his face immediately lit up and he was ecstatic that I had decided to pick that song.
    For our first dance song, we are going with the first song we ever slow danced to as a couple and it is "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden. My inner 90's kid is THRILLED that will be our first dance song haha.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are walking down to a cello/piano duet of "Shallow" by Brooklyn Duo on youtube. I will be following with "Cant help falling in love" by the same duo (Brooklyn Duo). We love the cello with the piano. And our first dance with be "Cant take my eyes off of you" by the Four Seasons.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet but we'll be incorporating pop songs from each of our cultures in some way (either recessional or first dance).

An instrumental version of Elton John's Your Song will be our certificate signing song.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't talked about entrance songs yet but my Fiance wants to do Then by Brad Paisley for our first dance. I really like that he picked out the song!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked You've Got the Love by Florence and the Machine for our first dance song. Hubby didn't want anything too slow because he hates being in the spotlight.

I have a My Girl picked for dad and I, and thankfully covid gave us a few more months to find a mother son song that isn't totally inappropriate or country.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have chosen Amazed by Lonestar as our first dance

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics