Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Frustrating and worried about covid

Daily, on July 23, 2022 at 17:15 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Frustrating and worried about covid 1
I just need to vent!! People are so selfish!! Uhh my husband’s cousin and daughter already RSVP and I just messaged her today asking which hotel shes staying. Now she said she won’t make it!! Like seriously a month ago you can, but now 11 days before the wedding you can’t!! It is so frustrating!!! You can just simply say no 1 month ago. Regardless, I’ll have to pay for their plates. I’m getting so worried and paranoid about covid. I am working in a retirement home so have seen worst when it comes to covid. Now, I can’t help but worried if we catch covid then we’re done. Covid is the one thing we can’t control. I just want this wedding to be over. 🙄 😬

8 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 28, 2022 at 11:11
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes ouch I felt bad for her. Let's hope you don't have as many and can still manage.

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes it is scary, in the week leading up to my wedding I started to develop some symptoms of covid myself, and this was after 6 people (out of 60, so 10% of my guests) called to cancel because they had covid or had been exposed to someone who had. I was getting a tickle in my throat and light cough. I kept testing and it kept coming back negative, and it wasn't worsening, and then I thought, maybe it's a new allergy symptom as I've never really had allergies until this year. After a few days and a few nights worrying about it when I would wake up in the night and start thinking about all the guests who were on their way into town, all the vendors I'd already paid in full for and would have to reschedule and who knows when I could get them all available on the same date again... Then after a few days it went away and I continued to do my testing and it kept coming up negative. I was soooooooo relieved. In the end I did lose 9 of our guests who could not attend, 15% of my list. BUT, even with such a small wedding, it was WONDEFUL. While we missed those 9 people, we still had 51 who we were so happy to have there, and we still had a great party and a lot of fun. So don't worry, you can't control all these things, just ride the wave and focus on the positive and enjoy.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ouch!! 10 cancelations!! Hi Carine, that was nice to give people a plus one. Most of my guests are married, or couples. I am feeding my dj, photographer and lights technician.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Amanda. I guess I was having a tantrum😂😂😂 but I feel much better. The ones who want to be at our wedding will be there. I can’t stress about every details.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Danielle! Thank god I didn’t make her my bridesmaid!! She was dying and keep asking me to be one. I said kids only. I feel much better. I’ve have come to term that, the people who cares for me and wants to be there, will be there at my wedding. No hard feelings. I can’t stress about every details. We are all adults. Im sorry to hear that. Must be suck eh! Im glad you seem to handle it well
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What Danielle and Amanda said you will get cancellations last minute, do not worry about it. I have a small wedding and anyone who doesn't have a plus one, I will be giving them a plus 1 for any cancelations, I already have to pay for the plate so it can allow them to finally bring someone. People get excited and say yes because they want to be there, but life happens and cancelations will happen closer to the wedding. My friend had done her seating chart and gave in her numbers to the venue and all of a sudden she had 10 cancelations. She allowed me a plus 1 and then invited a few more people who wanted to come, the food that was left over went to the staff.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry so much. You might have last minute cancellations for various reasons. Every wedding goes through this. Like Danielle said, take a breathe and just move on. I know it may be hard to do that but these sort of things are out of your hands.

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You will absolutely have people who cannot make it last minute - Life happens and sometimes people, even with best intentions, genuinely cannot make it for whatever personal reason close to the wedding. Try not to stress about that. If you weren’t already giving guest meals to your vendors, maybe offer those meals to them? We had people who couldn’t make it last minute for a variety of personal reasons - Including a groomsman. But it’s best just to breathe, move on and be understanding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics