Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Friends part of the wedding

Kelly, on May 30, 2019 at 14:24 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4

Our friend is playing the music for the ceremony and I'm not sure what to give her as a thanks.

Money? How much?

A gift?

We have another friend marrying us, and I'm not sure what to get him either!

Help!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on June 7, 2019 at 03:44
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kelly!

This is a great question and you got some wonderful advice from the PPs.

I would second the advice and say it's totally up to your personal preference. If you would like to get them a personal gift, go for it! If you would rather give them both cash, this is totally ok too! I don't know anyone who isn't pleased to get a cash gift Smiley xd

Have you since decided what you will do?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cash is a nice gift to give for all your friends/uncle's good doings towards your wedding. A gift card for each person for a spa or something they enjoy for the value you wish to give is something that can also show them how grateful you are to them for being part of your wedding and doing what they are.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like since these are your friends vs. vendors you hired, you could go personal with a gift you'd think they'd like, although you can't go wrong with a monetary gift. You could give a combination of money (e.g. $100) and a gift to make it more personal.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I can't think of a reason why money would be bad! lol

The worst they can do is say that them singing/marrying you was their gift and in that case just don't expect any presentation from them (which I would take any day).

My FH's Uncle is supposed to be marrying us so we will be paying for all the costs in legal papers and whatnot (license and whatever), but tipping him roughly $150-$250 - not quite sure how much it will cost for the license yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics