Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Super June 2019 Ontario

Friday funny

Amanda, on May 24, 2019 at 12:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

For those of us who have or are dealing with some jealousy from bridesmaids or just close friends.. I've seen this a couple times and it makes me giggle every time so I had to share...

yaaaassssFriday funny 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on May 27, 2019 at 09:39
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is everything!! 2 of my bridesmaids are chronically single and they have been genuinely supportive to me about it. I don't understand why some people have to rain on others' parades

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so sad !!!!! wow.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I get what you're saying but your age shouldn't matter... everyone's life takes such a different path how can you possibly compare? like you I've been jealous I guess of different things too but I promise you, no one ever knew. you can be a tad jealous or envious of someone but still be supportive and a good friend.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely would not say normal. common would be a better word. and yes it's very sad.
  • M
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't get it. Why would anyone be jealous about their friend getting married!? No aspirations cast here but is this normal behaviour nowadays? If so it certainly is a sad thing. I dunno, maybe new friends who know how to adult?
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahah that's great!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley smile I love this! First time I have ever seen this!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YASSS! I agree completely! I know that a lot of it has to do with me being the very first one out of the friend group to get engaged/married - but like... just be happy dang it! Doesn't help that I was 20 when I got engaged and will be 22 when I get married I suppose, but you don't choose when you are going to find "the one".

I bet it would be nice for them to know that I'm jealous that they are in school while I'm over here on my path because I couldn't afford to go to University so I went into the workforce straight from school. I mean, that's how I found my FH but what before was something that they felt bad about is the reason I have my FH.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like genuine people like this are few and far between sadly 😂

most of my friends dont even talk to me anymore or ask about my wedding!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha exactly... like if you're gonna be jealous of me do it quietly like a normal person!!!!

Thanks!! You too

• Carly
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right! Like why can't the people around you just be happy for you (and if they aren't then keep that to yourself). So true though that guys don't have to deal with this kind of stuff. I hope things get better with your bridesmaid who is causing problems!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awful.. especially coming from your sister.. I just don't understand. We had issues with a bridesmaid, I believe it is jealousy but who knows I guess, it's just so so sad, and sorry to say - this stuff does not happen with guys. It's so disheartening to have to deal with people's emotions when you are also planning what should be the happiest day of your life. The people who love you are supposed to be happy for you !!!!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This - sooooo this! Love it!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this! Honestly some people just can't be happy for others.

• Carly
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing! I wish more people had this attitude! Be happy for your friends and family not jealous. My youngest sister who is also one of my bridesmaids went on a jealous rant to our grandma a few weeks ago. My grandma told me what she had said and after I felt so hurt and disappointing in my sister. She has no idea I know and I don't want the drama so I haven't told her or confronted her. But now she has me stressed out and anxious and honestly no bride needs the extra stress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics