Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marysuzan
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Free parks for pictures in Hamilton/mississauga?

Marysuzan, on February 20, 2018 at 08:35 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Does anyone know of any parks/scenic areas that do not require a permit? I am looking for places from Hamilton to Mississauga. Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey, on March 22, 2018 at 13:23
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know this is a little bit further away from Hamilton, but there is this pretty Park in Scarborough called Guildwood Park & Gardens that is really unique!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got our engagement pictures done at Spencer Gorge in Hamilton and did not get a permit... I actually didn't realize we needed one... We were also IN the gorge...like at the bottom of it... You're also not supposed to go there, so I guess we're just terrible. Haha.

I'm of the mind that you should ask forgiveness rather then permission. Go do the shoot, and if you get caught, say you're sorry and you didn't know!

• TrixJelly
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    TrixJelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In Hamilton, so long as there are no City employees around when you are taking pictures and it's not at one of the Historic sites, you should be okay to take pictures.

Years ago, my friends got married at an obscure little park on the escarpment and as there were only a couple of us, no one noticed us and we didn't get a permit.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Marysuzan, I'm going to move your question to the Ontario planning group to see if that helps our members find it more easily!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics