Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Krystal
Curious August 2018 British Columbia

Freaking out a bit!! 80 days out!!

Krystal, on May 29, 2018 at 20:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
We are 80 days out and feeling stuck and unsure of what I should be doing!! We have everything booked and have most of my decor. We have suites, dresses and all accessories picked and either rented or bought. Any advice on what important things i should be working on right now or what I'm missing? Is it normal to be freaking out at thsi stage?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on May 30, 2018 at 17:56
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I felt the same way around that point too! It's a bit of a lull where you feel like you should be doing stuff, but you're actually still too far out to do anything.

I focused on completing all the decor/purchasing decor and buying the marriage licence (ontario you can get it 90 days in advance). I also started creating the Day of Time Line, the family photo 'must have' list, wrote my vows, purchased the bridal party gifts. I figured out who was doing speeches and have also started working on our thank you speech to the people attending.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly, I did the exact same thing. I was bugging my wedding coordinator for everything at this point because I felt like there should be more to do, but there wasn't! Enjoy the downtime for a while because things are about to get crazy within the next few months.

• Krystal
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for easing my mind a bit. I have sent invites out and have my seating chart done for the most part already. All the guys went in a month ago and ordered the suites and all the bridesmaids have their dressesSmiley smile I know I'm probably stressing for nothing but it's all just starting to feel so real now!!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I felt stuck at this point too and it was really stressing me out. If you have all of the big things out of the way than you're in the clear! At this point you should have all vendors booked and your venue picked out, an officiant for your ceremony, a place for your ceremony, etc. Check in with your bridal party about their outfits. My fiancé didn't check in on his guys and they forgot to order important things with their outfits.... like a dress shirt and their belts. Ensure the girls have their dresses and that if alterations are needed that they go sooner rather than later. If you're having a meal tasting you can schedule that in, as well as a cake tasting.

Have you sent out your invites yet? If so, you can start using the seating chart tool when you receive your RSVPs from Wedding Wire to help seat your guests where you would like them, unless you're not having assigned seating.

I am 9 days out and can remember the stress I felt when I was where you are. Everything slowly comes together at this point. Within the last month is when EVERYTHING starts really wrapping up!

• Nadia
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope so too! We are going to try a cake from someone I found on Facebook wedding buy and sell. Lol..hope her cake is good! I'm so excited for you too! Some say if you can plan a wedding from scratch, you can plan any event, easily! Smiley heart
  • SailandSwan
    Beginner April 2013 South Australia
    SailandSwan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have any jobs that will be DIY? If so I would get started early as I left mine way too last minute and it was a bit stressful lol!

Also have you figured out your 'on the day' stationery?

Car hire, and ribbon for the cars

Favors

Do you need to get thank you gifts for any friends/family members helping out?

• Krystal
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no!! You should be able to find someone to do the cake of your dreamsSmiley smile We also don't have a wedding planner and I've been doing it all so now that we're coming down to all the little details I'm starting to stress. Lol. I also cannot wait to get married and enjoy all this hard work.
  • Nadia
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry...I meant I dont hire any wedding planner.*
  • Nadia
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same! Mine is in 70 days! I felt the same way as you about a month ago. Now, aim busy looking for a cake because our family member who committed to bake the cake, her cake is not consistent. We dont have any planner, so Im working on delegating tasks to the bridal party and family members. We are also doing more planning on agenda, music for first dance and dance with parents. I can't wait to get married and be done with it.
  • K
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Kia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saaame! Except im about 120 days out!
  • Krystal
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, I haven't started the legal stuff yet but plan on doing that next week. I have also gone over all the fine details already to. Lol. I think i need to pull all my wedding stuff out and go back through everything and maybe that will calm me. Haha
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! Have you started the legal bits of getting married? Another good thing to do is have all of the super boring but important details nailed down (there was a good series of discussions a while ago about this, like who is holding your rings during the ceremony, etc). So excited for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics