Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie May 2019 British Columbia

Forest ceremony

Nicole, on November 28, 2017 at 21:23 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5
I've been struggling to find a venue that matches what I'm picturing. I want the ceremony IN the forest and most of the "forest" venues are in gardens or on the edge of a lake. Also looking for something no farther than 3 hours from vancouver.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on December 5, 2017 at 22:10
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats good! Glad you found the look you were wanting!
  • N
    Newbie May 2019 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't booked anything yet but I found that cheakamus centre in squamish has the look I'm going for
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were you able to find a place at all?
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you looking to have ceremony and reception in the same location? How many guests do you have? Do you mind walking a bit to get to a forested area or does it need to be easily accessible?

I also wanted my ceremony IN the forest, but with 160 guests and the need for accessibility it was going to be difficult. We opted to have our ceremony in Aldergrove Regional Park in a field that backs onto the forest. Our arch will be surrounded by 3 big deciduous trees and all of our wedding photos will be on the trails in the actual forest Smiley smile

I would recomend checking out Metrovancouver Regional Parks in the area. The parks are all beautiful and they are pretty good about special events like weddings in the park - park rental, special event permit and event insurance altogether cost me $450 for the day. So not unreasonably priced Smiley smile
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not entirely sure where that may be but it sounds like a beautiful ceremony idea! Have you checked with people who live close to the woods or forest to see if you can rent it? I hope you can find somewhere 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics