Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

For those married before...

Jen, on February 12, 2018 at 15:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Hi ladies,

I have a question regarding applying for your marriage certificate after a divorce. What information did you need before applying for your marriage license? Did you need a divorce certificate? If so, where did you apply for it? How much did it cost? How long did it take to come in?

We can apply for our marriage license in 30 days but I'm not sure what all I will need from my divorce before we can apply. I have the divorce order stating on which day we were officially divorced but that is it!

Help me! Please!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 13, 2018 at 15:30
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think all the details in regards to what you need will be on your city's website or the province's website. It may also be on the actual form itself so make sure to check there as well.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it helps, the application I filled out when I got married asked for a court file number and the city that the divorce was granted in. Maybe that's all you need? It could still be worth calling a local municipal office or town hall that issues the licenses to get some feedback if you can't get in touch with anyone at the courthouse.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've tried calling the court house here, who typically deals with this type of stuff, and couldn't get through to a single person. It was frustrating. I talked to a friend of mine whom was divorced and remarried and he explained to me what he did and what worked for them.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Service ontario only gives you information regarding the marriage certificate which you apply for AFTER you're married. This isn't the information I'm looking for. Thank you for your input.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could call the town hall where you plan to purchase your marriage licence and ask them what the requirements are - they see it all the time and will be able to help you out.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Serviceontario.ca site will need the divorse information and payment not sure. Takes up to 15 days probably to get in the mail. The site does give all the info and requirements.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is for Ontario by the way. Any help is appreciated!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics