Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2020 Alberta

Food Truck?

Cassandra, on June 8, 2020 at 12:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Hey Everyone,

We are looking into having a food truck for our catering and I was wondering if anyone had any idea on what their pricing looked like? OR had any tips on where to begin searching for one?

We are going to have about 50 people, outdoors at our house for our elegant, backyard wedding in August.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 11, 2020 at 11:37
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends if youre doing food or dessert. dessert is cheaper. my fiance rented an ice cream truck and we had a certain menu and it was for 3 hours unlimited and it was $700 i think

• C
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great advice ! Thank you 😊
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't forget bussers! Even if you're not using reusable dishes, garbage from street food can start piling up really quick so I would hire someone to be consistently cleaning up the place.

• C
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a brilliant tip !! Thank you so much for your input. I think I found 2 so I’m just waiting on pricing. It’s a smaller wedding because of the rules in AB but it’s just easier and honestly safer/smarter to just have someone prep all the food just can’t afford $30/head at this point haha.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding a few years ago with food trucks and it was brilliant. The couple reached out to 2 of their favs and they both were available. They picked a limited menu to keep things quick and put the options on the RSVP like a traditional dinner.

One tip: have someone designated to bring the wedding party food so you and your people don't need to wait in a line. At this wedding the guests were served first and the bride and groom got stuck talking with the people who had already eaten and almost missed their meals.
  • C
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely have that one saved. I found a taco one that looks amazing too so I requested pricing from them!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Of course! We are also in Calgary, and we will be using Soul Kitchen food truck - highly recommend!
  • C
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s not bad !! I haven’t talked to my parents (who are paying) about having a food truck we were going to “cater” ourselves but it might be nice to not have to worry about dinner and just supply appetizers or something instead. Thanks !!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Cassie! We have hired a food truck for our wedding and found it to be very reasonably priced! I think about $25-$35 dollars a head, depending on if you do appetizers/midnight lunch or not!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics