Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mo
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

Food Tasting and changes

Mo, on August 23, 2021 at 15:03 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hi everyone, My Fiance and I went to our hotel venue for our food tasting last week. We are having a buffet at our wedding. The food tasting was good but we decided on changing one entree and picked (Butter chicken). On the day of the tasting they didn't make Butter chicken because we had not intended on requesting that to be made for our food tasting. The catering manager assured me that the Butter chicken was to die for so I had to try this for myself. She encouraged us to stop by at the lounge and order on another night. My Fiance and I love indian food and are regularly eating out trying different curries at local restaurants. So I know good curry when I taste it. Smiley smile

Anyways, This past weekend we dropped by the hotel for a dinner at their lounge and ordered the butter chicken. well it was too much tomato and very runny. It also had the taste of canned chef boyardee. It was NOT good. I was so disappointed because the catering manager had built it up so much and mentioned that the curry is made by an East Indian Chef. I dont want to complain but I= think that the chef should thicken the curry with creme, or coconut milk. I don't want to be rude but we are paying for all of this so i expect good quality food especially this is a big hotel chain.

What do you think I should do? Should I ask the catering manager or talk to the food beverage manager?

I don't want to step on anyone's toes but this is incredibly important.

Sep.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on August 25, 2021 at 12:29
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also on Hank with this one. I think you might be better off with the tastings that you liked. You never know what you might get on your wedding day with the butter chicken

• Mo
    Mo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Samantha. I think we may just stick to our original choice after all. Who knows what we will get on our wedding day because nothing is guaranteed. Thank you.

• Mo
    Mo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your input. I think it's probably the best choice at this time. Who knows what it will taste like if it's changed. That would not be good to get a weird surprise on our wedding day. Very much appreciated. Smiley smile

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm with Hank on this one. There's no telling what you'll end up getting the day of if you ask for substitutions on an already established recipe that they follow. So to just avoid any later disappointment, I would go with something else that you tasted and liked at the actual tasting. I love butter chicken too, but if I had a tasting of it and ended up not liking it then I wouldn't feel comfortable that it would be much better for my actual wedding.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally would just axe the butter chicken and just get what you liked at the tasting. It's one thing to make adjustments based on allergies or dietary restrictions, it's a whole other can of beans when you start micromanaging a kitchen team's recipes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics