Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Simone
Master August 2017 Manitoba

Food ideas for my wedding social

Simone, on September 29, 2016 at 17:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

Hello everyone,

Next year in May of 2017, I will be having a Wedding social. I am going to post some food menu ideas for my wedding social and let me know what you thoughts are? We are looking at having Italian and Jamaican finger food, and I am also open to cheese, pickles and crackers for snacks as well as chips, popcorn and pretzels.

Jamacian Plantain Chips

Jamacian Plantain Chips

Italian style pizza

Italian style pizza

Jamaican Patties

Jamaican Patties

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Italian Bruschetta

Italian Bruschetta

Italian Meatballs

Italian Meatballs

12 Comments

Latest activity by Matteo, on December 25, 2023 at 01:25
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome!Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that is such a great idea. My cousin is getting married and her fiance is jewish so apparently they always have really good tasting food and so I know they will be doing something probably similar to you so they can incorporate their different cultures.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's true. We both thought about incorporating our cultures and we feel this is the best way, since people don't get the opportunity to try different foods from different cultures.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds good also! It would be something different and unique even. I love chicken wings but with curry it will give it a nice little kick and it isn't something you see on a menu everyday!

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Chelsea! I agree with you on the favorites as I also like curry chicken wings. Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think all these food items sound delicious and I would be very happy as a guest! The jerk chicken, bruschetta, and the meatballs would be my favourite for sure!

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Lisa.! I' m still working this menu but I appreciate the feedback as well. I think it is great as its not too heavy but just enough that people can have a variety of different foods from different cultures.
  • L
    Beginner November 2016 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fabulous food choices. I can't wait to see what you actually go with. This seems a perfect menu
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emilie,I think was thinking of getting caterer to help out especially with 200 people. I would like to have cheese and crackers, possible fruits and vegetables platter with dip. I will check out the link to see if they can assist with the food choices.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow Simone! Impressive! Smiley star

200 people would definiltely be a lot of people to cook for! Smiley surprise

You could have a look at the caterers in our directory to see if they could help:

Wedding Catering Winnipeg

It's a good idea to cook things yourself! It's also quite an investment in time and renting equipment. I'm sure your plantain will be delicious! What other options of finger food were you thinking of serving?

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Emilie! I am looking at either a food truck who can cater our food for the social or if possible if myself and family including in-laws are able to help out with cooking the food. We are expecting at 200 people to attend. The only thing we need to pick up would be the plaintan chips and hopefully we can get a big bag in bulk. I like the idea of a food station and would need to have food warmers to keep the good warm and coolers to keep the cold food cold. I would be open to a buffet style food option depending on the cost. I would like to give at 8 options as finger foods for the late lunch so that there is variety to choose from.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All this food looks absolutely delicious, Simone!! Smiley love

I would want to eat everything on your menu! I think the plantain chips though would be my absolute favourite on the menu with jerk chicken... and bruschetta!! Are you going to cook these yourself?

If you want to have all of it, you could have it in a buffet style or even in food stations, like in this picture:

Food Station Example with Mac & Cheese

Food Station Example with Mac & Cheese

Food Station Example with Tacos

Food Station Example with Tacos

Here are more ideas you could use Smiley smile

5 types of dinner for your reception

How many options were you thinking of having for your guests?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics