Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayley
Newbie July 2022 Alberta

Following up with Guests Rsvps

Kayley, on April 28, 2022 at 17:40 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Hi ladies!

my RSVP deadline is quickly approaching (May 16/22). I only have a handful of guests who haven't RSVP'd so I have been slowly starting to follow up but my Fiancé got some push back from one of his friends saying the deadline isn't until May 16 and now my Fiancé is saying I am jumping the gun. What do you think? I'm such a planner and I didn't think it was that big of a deal to start following up a couple weeks early. Guests have had their invites since late January and like I said there is only about 15 people who haven't confirmed or declined.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Audrey, on June 15, 2022 at 18:08
  • Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave a 1 week countdown reminder to the RSVP date and found that 90% of the outstanding responses were doen within a day. A few others had some things they were still working out and messaged me to say they'd get me their response by the due date, and they did. If one person is giving you push back, I wouldn't take it personally. Most people seemed to appreciate the reminder, and if that person needs more time, let them have until the due date.

• P
    Newbie October 2022 British Columbia
    Pam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am a planner myself, so seeing the pending RSVP close to date makes me nervous. Perhaps those people are still trying to swap/apply for a day off at work... other than that, your wedding date should be save prior to the RSVP deadline.

Maybe you could draft up a back-up list (plan B) in case if ppl bail on last minute or decide that they cant make it, you could fill those space up!

Regardless, you paid for the spots already! might as well invite a better company Smiley winking

Congratulations! Smiley smile

• Alicia
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent my reminders out two days ago with the deadline of May 15th. We are doing a live stream of the ceremony so I want to get the links out close to then so they are ready to be clicked on. I don't think its un reasonable for you to do this. When is your wedding? Mine is June 4th

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can understand your frustration, unless they are waiting for approval for time off form work, most cases people know what they are doing within two weeks and should be able to RSVP with a confirmed answer.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A week/few days we sent a message to guests and then the all came back LOL

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One week before our deadline we sent this message to guests:
    Hello! Just a friendly reminder that our RSVP deadline is one week away on April 15. We would love for you to be there but understand life may get in the way of that. Either way if you could please go to *insert wedding website* and let us know as soon as possible that would be much appreciated! Thank you!
    Then within like 3 days almost all guests had responded.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did not follow up until RSVPs were due. Many people like to take their time and because you sent them early, it makes sense you don't have all of your responses - although you're close! We purposely gave ourselves a week buffer to when our venue needed numbers. We did end up only having to contact one person if I remember correctly, if that.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's way too early to be nudging people for RSVPs when they still have two weeks.

• M
    Newbie June 2022 Utah
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My message cut off: Our wedding on June 18th is quickly approaching, and we are so excited to celebrate with our friends and family! This is just a friendly reminder that RSVPs are due one week from today, on April 15th. If you haven’t already, please let us know if you will be attending by filling out the response card and mailing it back to us. We can’t wait to see you there!
  • M
    Newbie June 2022 Utah
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Collecting RSVPs has been the most frustrating thing about wedding planning. I sent out this text reminder to our guests one week before the deadline and it helped get the ball rolling:
    Our wedding on June 18th is quickly approaching, and we are so excited to celebrate with our friends and family!
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Agree with Amanda, I would wait until your deadline or closer to follow-up.

I am like you and RSVP/plan for things super early. My Fiancé is like your friend who got annoyed lol. Just remember some people prefer to take their time with these things.

• Kayley
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Kayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 🥰
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would still hold off until the deadline then proceed with follow ups. Some of your guests might still need to get things sorted out.

• Kayley
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Kayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My RSVP's are through online!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you RSVP's coming through the mail or online? If it's coming through the mail, postage has been slow.

I would personally wait until the deadline, then start following up with your guests. You still have 2 weeks until that date you provided!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics