Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KELLY
Super October 2023 Ontario

Flowers- hire or diy

KELLY, on June 26, 2021 at 23:00 Posted in DIY 0 20
Hey fellow brides,

Just looking for your opinions on this. We have very small flower requirements- bridal bouquet 3 bridesmaids and 3 boutonnières. Perhaps a few centrepieces-what would you suggest?

20 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on November 9, 2021 at 10:30
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Gaelle,

Thank you for sharing your photos- its hard to tell they aren't real!

Kelly

• Gaelle
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Gaelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am not sure overall as i did by bits and pieces. I tried to make the most of Michaels coupons. However i am sure it was way cheaper than real flowers. I would say for my main bouquet it probably came up to $50 top. I am attaching a couple of pictures of some of the things i made from Michaels flowers.

Flowers- hire or diy 1

Flowers- hire or diy 2

• Gaelle
    Gaelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am not sure overall as i did by bits and pieces. I tried to make the most of Michaels coupons. However i am sure it was way cheaper than real flowers. I would say for my main bouquet it probably came up to $50 top. I am attaching a couple of pictures of some of the things i made from Michaels flowers.

Flowers- hire or diy 3

Flowers- hire or diy 4

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Melissa,

Since our wedding is in 2023 I am still gathering information, but like you I am looing for the wedding party only. I have decided to go with fresh flowers and use a florist, the last thing I want to be doing is making bouquets the night before or morning of my wedding.

Does your venue have a list of vendors other brides have used? I have been very successful with the one our venue provided. There are quite a few good vendors listed on this website, most of them have replied and been very friendly.

Kelly

• Melissa
    Newbie December 2021 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you mind me asking what that cost you? I am cost comparing between a florist and DIY and I'm only looking for flowers for the wedding party.

• Gaelle
    Gaelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made all my flowers arrangements with flowers from Michael and tutorial online and i have no regrets. It's gorgeous and nobody will get pollen allergies!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since we have so many sensitivities to flowers (myself, family and MOH) we are using fake flowers for everything and will be doing them all ourselves. I'm using wood flowers.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well, we’re are making wine for our wedding. We started collecting bottles before, then my fiancé wants all the wines to be in the same bottles. So in this case, we had those wine bottles that we’ve been collecting, I sort them all out on how I want them to look. Now I just have to clean them and spray them.

Oh yes, I hope so. Hahaha. I’ll keep you up to date if I did them all on my own. 😂😂
    Thank you Kelly & Dave! 🙏🏾💕
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Hank!

Once again you make valid points! Thank you for your thoughts.
    Stay safe!Kelly and Dave
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! All of them look great, do you have friends saving bottles for you? I’m sure you all are going to create some wonderful memories with your tram of helpers.

Thank you for sharing,Kelly and Dave
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Liberty,

I honestly hadn’t thought about using artificial flowers, definitely something to look into.
    Kelly and Dave
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, I’m putting all of them to work! Hahahaha!
    Yes, I’ll share with you, I’m excited to start these. These are some ideas what I want to pick and choose from. Want to keep them all gold.

I like the Mr. & Mrs. idea for the sweetheart table.
    Flowers- hire or diy 5
    Flowers- hire or diy 6
    Flowers- hire or diy 7
    Flowers- hire or diy 8
    Flowers- hire or diy 9

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tunisha,

It sounds like you have an army of helpers! I’m sure things will be absolutely beautiful. I really like your idea for your centre pieces - did you have an inspirational photo you would be willing to share?
    Kelly and Dave
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Kelly,

Due to not going over our budget. I’m planning on DIY the flowers for the wedding with some help of my sisters and mother. I’m planning to create flowers, boutonnière, and for the centrepieces (which will be wine DIY bottles about 3-4 of them) will have some flowers in each of them. So it won’t take a lot to get some. We will plan on keeping them fresh in bucket, take them and place them in the bottles. As for the bridal party flowers, we’re planning of making them the night before.
    Wishing you luck on your decisions.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Regardless of whether you have amazing hands on skills with flower arrangements, unless you have a proper temperature and humidity controlled refrigerator, I highly advise getting the bouquet arrangements done via a professional service. It's not something you can do the night before because otherwise the flowers won't look fresh and our typical home refrigerators lack the proper humidity for flowers to bloom properly (our fridges are designed to prohibit the growth of mold from food) - they will dry out and wilt overnight if left in the fridge. Plus, I doubt you'd want to run to the store to buy flowers and then assemble four bouquets on the morning of your wedding.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are hiring someone to do our flowers for us. I don't trust myself to arrange the bouquets centerpieces, corsages and boutonnières. The florist knows better then I do. We're have artificial flowers for our wedding, since we're getting married in a different province then where we currently live. We have 3 Bouquets, 6 boutonnieres, 5 corsages and 10 centerpieces in total

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Christiana,

I hadn’t thought of potted plants, and it would be tough getting all of the flowers ready the night before or day of.
    Thank you for your input,Kelly and Dave
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless you have experience in flower arranging or have someone experienced that can help you, I’d probably just get the bouquets and boutonnières done professionally. It shouldn’t be too much more expensive than doing them on your own. If you DIY fresh flowers you really should be doing it no earlier than the night before or morning of.
    But centrepieces are less important and won’t be in tons of photos so I think you can get away with DIYing. Depending how many you want it could also get expensive to have them done professionally. You could also do potted plants or faux flowers so that they could be done well in advance.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dying the forals for the centerpieces*
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am DIYing the finals (fake ones) for our centerpieces and any decor. But I am hiring someone to make our bouquets/boutonnieres. I want fresh flowers for those and I do not want to be dealing with arranging them a day or 2 before the wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics