Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Flowers and centerpieces

Cc, on June 6, 2022 at 14:29 Posted in DIY 0 16
So I'm having sunflowers,eucalyptus, babies breath and a bit of lavender in my bouquets. I'm using quart Mason jars with fairy lights and birch wood slabs but so undecided what to do with florals for centre piece I love sunflowers but don't wanna overkill and it looks tacky in abundance. I would really love some input.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Erinn, on June 7, 2022 at 23:15
  • Erinn
    Curious October 2022 Saskatchewan
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was at a wedding this past summer with sunflowers as the main flower in the bouquets and throughout the reception and it was beautiful! If you are worried about an over abundance of sunflowers in the centre pieces, you could try substituting for a smaller yellow flower to go along with the other flowers. Smaller flowers could be more evenly distributed/intertwined throughout with lavender, baby’s breath, and eucalyptus so that it wouldn’t stand out as much. Just a thought 😊 I’m sure no matter what your day will be beautiful!
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally i love sunflowers the smaller side ones with greenery just in a vase i think it looks like happiness in a cup. but i understand overkill if it were at every table maybe every other table have flowers and then have the cute little sprigs of greenery and lavender on the other tables. like Alyx mentioned above.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is true, the girl doing my silk flowers will order on Etsy or amazon.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok!! I get you now 😊 I have a love hate relationship when it comes to florals, it's one of those things where I'm about ready to slap some eucalyptus garland around my wood crates and lanterns and stick some eucalyptus on the table 🤣🤣🤣
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No I don’t think it’s tacky at all with lavender!! I think the mix of flowers you have is beautiful! I saying the way you balance all the florals in the mason jars and bouquets, creates a less tacky arrangement! Like balancing the sunflowers with eucalyptus and the rest of your florals will look really pretty! But again that’s just my opinion, you have to love it!!
    Your florist should be able to create what you love if you send her some inspiration pictures she can get an idea of what you like 😊
    Wildflower look would go beautiful with your theme!!
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tacky with lavender? don't worry I ain't offended I love getting ideas and I just like simple but elegant. I'm getting artificial and a florist from another province. It's a rustic wedding them and I was kinda going the wildflower look somewhat cuz I'm getting married on a farm
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess it depends on what you find tacky to the next person! Haha are you doing your own florals ? Fresh or artificial?

I know some of these photos don’t have your flower in them but you can put in place what you are using. These to me are done in a non tacky way, but you may think otherwise haha! I think it’s about keeping a balance and adding greenery to make it less tacky ? So even though your florals consist of sunflowers , your whole bouquets isn’t 20 sunflowers it can just be 4 of them with lots of greenery like eucalyptus and a touch of lavender and baby’s breath to make the sunflowers pop! Flowers and centerpieces 1

Flowers and centerpieces 2

Flowers and centerpieces 3

Flowers and centerpieces 4

Flowers and centerpieces 5

Where as this is a little more tacky to me, but it’s also not my wedding! Haha it all depends on what your happy with 😊Flowers and centerpieces 6

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Check with a florist and see if they do artificial. That's the route we went. Ours look real and feel real as well
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I do like the simple babies breath but try and find artificial ones that look somewhat decent is like impossible 🤦‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! Our florist nailed my vision
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That looks so beautiful its simple but elegant and not filled with extreme brightness 😊
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's why we decided on something simple and not over the top
    Flowers and centerpieces 7
    Flowers and centerpieces 8

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

IMO, I think a single sunflower would look super cute on the tables with the other things you mentioned. Smiley smile

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe that's what I should do is just go like white hydrangeas and eucalyptus stems. I just love simple and not over filled with color as I say I love sunflowers but yikes the amount of color they give off is just way to much if u use to many.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been seeing people use different types of succulents as centerpieces, or just mason jars with Lavender and babies breaths, I think it's a great idea to incorporate your bouquet design into your center pieces. Stay away from Pinterest that will confuse you more I find.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I used different flowers for our centerpieces to give a different feel for the reception. We're using hydrangeas berries and leaves

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics