Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristie
Beginner June 2017 Ontario

Flowers

Kristie, on March 20, 2017 at 10:25 Posted in DIY 0 8
Hello, I am trying to figure out what to do with flowers? We are thinking fake flowers and I'll get real ones. Just they are so expensive and doe? Any thoughts? Please help! ?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Simone, on March 21, 2017 at 00:05
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For us, we cut cost by purchasing silk flowers for the bouquets and renting silk flowers for ceremony and reception decor.
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're ordering bulk flowers from Costco. For a box of baby's breath and a box of assortes white flowers, its about $350. If I've done the math correctly, I'll be able to diy 5 bouquets, and all of our centerpieces (about 15 tables), plus have some left over for other areas like the cake table.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Costco sells bulk real flowers and wedding packages delivered to your door.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What sort of recommendations are you looking for? As I mentioned, my "florist" was More Paper Than Shoes and you can find her shop on Etsy. For flower recommendations, it's really up to your preference and your colour scheme! She can make anything from roses to peonies to hydrangreas to sunflowers to succulents! Here's a pic of my bouquet. Let me know what other help you're looking for.

Bridal bouquet

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know a lot of people who did fake flowers and they looked fantastic. Some people do them because they are supposed to be cheaper. I find the only time they are cheaper is if you make them yourself. Have somebody make them for you increases the cost a lot.

• Kristie
    Beginner June 2017 Ontario
    Kristie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Any recommendations ?
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased paper flowers from More Paper Than Shoes on Etsy and they were incredible! Great quality, you can get whatever flowers you want (not just what's in season) and they were much lighter and less expensive than real flowers! And you can keep them forever and don't have to worry about them wilting on your wedding day!
  • Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two of my girlfriends did satin florals instead of real flowers.

They looked pretty good and i didn't know until i got up close. I've heard it can be cheaper depending on where you get them and what you're looking for. My friend had a connection and got them at cost so for her it was waay cheaper.

i would just make sure you research the manufacture and see what other brides have said so you get the best quality!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics