To unblock this content, please click here

Amy
Beginner September 2023 Ontario

flower help

Amy, on February 21, 2022 at 12:54 Posted in Before the wedding 1 12

OMG

flowers are so overwhelming

anyone have any guidance for how much I should be spending

We have gone over budget on our venue so are trying to save some money in the flower department but I don't even know what should be standard. We don't want anything too crazy on the tables just some simply greenery and some baby's breath

12 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on March 12, 2022 at 00:20
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello,

I spent just around $900 on my flowers. I have them prearranged by the florist and it includes 2 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 maid of honour bouquet (slightly more flowers in the arrangement), 6 boutonnières, 2 corsages, and my bridal bouquet. In addition to that I have a few dozen long stem roses and three bunches of greenery. To save money I am doing the table arrangements myself. Two vases on each table (8 tables in total) and one rose/one stem of greenery per vase. This is a simple way to decorate the table and not spend $55+ on centrepieces. It works out as the tables are rectangular and not round at my venue. I am planning on using my bouquet in a vase next to the cake, on the table. And my bridesmaid and maid of honour bouquets on the head table. This is a way for the bouquets to have a duel purpose and keep them in good shape for the girls to take them home after.
    The best advice I can give is spend money on the things you and your fiancé care about the most. If it’s flowers, go for it! If it’s having a great DJ or having live music, make that your priority. It’s all about saving where you can on the items on your list that are a lower priority and investing in the aspects that you think will make your wedding what you have pictured.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Amy,
    I totally understand you. We did it simple too, used rose, ruscus and baby breath on your table decor.

We bought rose at Costco and the other two greenery at a flower shop. Was really inexpensive to me. Then we did boutonnières and bouquets ourselves (sisters and cousin helped).
    flower help 1
    flower help 2

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just look around get quotes from all sorts of florists! If you have the time take your time!
    The smaller the florist and company, you will probably find the best price.
    The way I found my florist is going on Instagram looking at different venues and looking at the tagged florists!

I actually just a few days ago decided that we didn’t want boutonnières for the men, I think it’s more of a prom look so that dropped the price as well!
  • Amy
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats an amazing price and sounds kinda like what we are looking for

• Elyce
    Beginner April 2023 Alberta
    Elyce ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello!

We are ordering our flowers through Costco. We priced out a bunch of different vendors in our area, and then decided to go through Costco as they were almost 1/4 the price of everyone else! They provided us with a list of florists they work with in our area, we met with them to figure out exactly what we needed to order, they gave us a list that we can now take to Costco! Once the flowers come in, your florist can pick them up and start making your arrangements.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s very easy to go over board that’s for sure! I personally found that the florist prices differed vastly, and depending on what types of flowers you want in the bouquet can make the price go up or down. We’re paying about $1600- and that’s for 10 table arrangements (florals), 3 bouquets, 5 boutonnières, 4 corsages, and two larger floral arrangements that will be used for decor in my ceremony.
    I was quoted from $1500-$4000 with 4 different companies. Shop around and talk to a few About the specific florals you want or ask for some alternate suggestions to keep costs down.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been looking at using real flowers since we will need 4 bouquets and 3 boutonnieres. The prices we've been quoted for artificial is either a lot less or a lot more than fresh flowers and whether or not we DIY our bouquets well... we haven't decided on that yet...

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm using fake flowers (to help with hayfever and to cut down on costs). I can set them up long before the ceremony reception so that helps us a lot.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a great florist but it took me a few months and a lot of going back and forth with other florists to find my florist! We spent a total of 1200

And that includes 5 bouquets 4 medium size 1 large.

7 boutonnières
    3 corsages
    Arch swag that will be transferred to the head table.
    3 rose and eucalyptus centrepieces
    12 eucalyptus garlands for our rectangle tables (adding florals would’ve costed a bit more so we kept it as simple greenery)
    For baby’s breath I would think that it wouldn’t be too expensive but it is becoming more popular so maybe the price has gone up!
    Have you gotten any quotes from florists yet?
  • B
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try Costco? They sell flowers online in bulk. Or if you want to go with artifical shop on esty or Amazon?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're just looking for a simple table arrangement (assuming a few stems of baby's breath with greenery in a vase per table?) you can get a few bouquets at Metro the night before or the day of. When we got married, we saw bouquets going for <$10 each and one of each of greenery and baby's breath should yield enough for four tables. You'll have to check your local grocery/florist for their selection but I think $20 for every four tables isn't too bad. You just have to take each bouquet apart and place them accordingly into the vase at the table.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can spend as much as you want or as little as you want. There's no right answer on how much you need to spend. Every couple is different. Talk to florists and tell them this is how much you want to spend and maybe go from there. Just be straight forward with the price and that you guys don't want anything over the top

When my fiance and I went floral shopping, I told our florist we wanted artificial and $1500 was our max. We actually spent just under $1000 for all of our flowers. 2 bouquets, 6 boutonnieres, 5 corsages and 10 centerpieces.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics