Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam
Newbie January 2022 Alberta

Flower Help!

Sam, on August 16, 2021 at 22:10 Posted in Ontario 1 12

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a florist for my wedding on May 28, 2022. I feel like I've waited too long. I am located in the Niagara Region of Ontario. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Sam

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 23, 2021 at 10:07
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Many florists in your area will be able to inquire about booking times to know better of who needs a year or less for the date. It also helps to know they can work towards your budget and colour palettes giving you some idea of a mock look for the bouquet, centerpieces and more. Their websites (given they have) will also let you know by reviews how they are with the services if they are one to fit your choosing list.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! They're from Safeway

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The vase as well is absolutely beautiful
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Of course! Everyone has their own style.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are gorgeous. Not my aesthetic but gorgeous none the less
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were thinking the same thing since my mom moh and myself went to these bridal shows and all the florists there were the high end and very expensive. I was thinking that I was going to have to make them myself. Then my mom found this hidden gem independent florist. A. She does a lot of corporate flowers for offices and such but she also does weddings, funerals. BEST decision ever!!

Flower Help! 1

Flower Help! 2

Flower Help! 3

Flower Help! 4

Flower Help! 5

Flower Help! 6

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow I guess florists where Iam just aren’t the best then haha
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You gotta find the right florist! Some will do over a year notice. My fiance and I are doing artificial and we went and purchased ours 2 years before our original wedding date. We wanted certain flowers that weren't available during the summertime if we had gone with real flowers, we'd be out of luck. We had the flowers in a box and then brought them back to her so she could make them up (it's now been 4 years since we purchased them and got them back last weekend!!)

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Florists I've spoken to don't deal with anything until 3 months before the wedding date. and the florist where im from the styles are so dated and just not what I'm looking for. There are so many shops on etsy with gorgeous arrangements that could potentially be the best bet I'm thinking I'm probably going to order mine form a lady in Ukraine. you have a lot of time and stressing wont help anyone. your in a large area so finding a florist should be no problem. as hank mentioned your venu or decorator would have lots of resources available to you. Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish I had looked into fresh flowers now. I'm doing all fake and doing them myself. I'm sure you'll find someone. There are so many flower shops in Niagara.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anecdotally I've heard many florists won't even book a wedding more than a year in advance so I think you're fine time-wise and you shouldn't stress too much. Check out florists listed on WeddingWire and hopefully some people on here from that area will have personal recommendations for you too Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your wedding is nine months away so not sure why you feel like you need to rush.

You can always ask your venue coordinator for a list of their preferred suppliers if you need recommendations. Or ask your decorator if they work with anyone in particular.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics