Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaisha
Super March 2019 Nova Scotia

Flower girl?

Kaisha, on August 6, 2018 at 00:03 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 21

Who are you using for your flowergirl? I am not sure if we want a flowergirl and if we do I am not sure who to ask.

21 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on August 14, 2018 at 12:45
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're using FH's 3 year old niece (will be 4 at the time).

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My 1.5 year old niece will be ours Smiley smile
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My issue is I have a lot of family so a few options come to mind. I think I am leaning towards skipping it all together.

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a large family and have so many options I just am not sure who to even consider. My grandma is not mobile enough to do it so that isn't an option. I think I am leaning towards not having one.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having our niece as our flower girl. You definitely do not need to have one if you can't think of anyone at the top of your head. I know someone on Wedding Wire is/was having a flower man, I've heard of flower grandmas, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a young girl.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No kids at the wedding = no flower girl. Or ring bearer.

If you don't want one, don't have one. I think most people have a young girl in their family that pops into their head immediately... if you don't have one, don't force it. Honestly unless your heart is set on it, it's just another $100+ expense for their parent to spend for your wedding.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be skipping the flowergirl thing as we don't want any kids at the wedding. One less thing to worry about!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin will be one (she will be 12 by the wedding) and my fiances niece who will be 9!
    If you dont want one dont feel like you NEED to! If any of your bridesmaids have kids that's a good way! Or family of course!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've asked my FH's 5-yo niece (she'll be 6 by then!) to be our flower girl. She'll be walking hand-in-hand with her younger brother, who will be our ring bearer.

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea, my grandma has some mobility issues but we are hoping to have her as one of our witnesses.

• Kia
    Newbie June 2019 Manitoba
    Kia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have three flower girls,

My youngest sister (6)

Nieces (9 years and 18 months)

• A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My daughter is our flower girl
  • Nicole
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My grandma is our flower girl 😊
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had my two nieces as flower girls and they did great! They are 4 and 6 years old! This picture was after my professional pictures and what she’s holding was not part of the ceremony lmao but they both looked so adorable!

Flower girl? 1
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not having a wedding party but I know that my niece and nephew want to be involved with the wedding, so I was thinking about just having a squad of kids (my neice, nephew, 2 cousins and my best friend’s daughter) like Prince Harry and Megan.

I don’t even want to carry a bouquet so it seems silly to have a flower girl. I may then, instead have bubble girls.

If you go the flower girl route, I suggest listening to episode 325 of the Bridechilla podcasts to hear what she has to say about kids in weddings.
  • M
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Meesh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of grandmother flower girls...
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We arent doing the traditional wedding party. We have a best man and a maid of honor. No kids. Our officiant was relieved to hear that xD
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH’s niece who is also his god daughter will be our flower girl. She will be 4 by the wedding. Only little one in our immediate family
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had kids within the family as flower kids. 1 from my husband's co worker who seemed pushy. I had informed my cousin months before so she was aware.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having my fiancé’s niece as our flower girl. She will be 2 and a half by our wedding. She is the only little one on either side of our families and she is his goddaughter.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As of right now we are not having any children at the wedding. We are still going back and forth in the flower girl thing, my fiance's best friend has a daughter so if we decide to have one then it will be her.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics