Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Petra
Frequent user June 2020 Ontario

Flower budget

Petra, on January 2, 2020 at 12:36 Posted in Ontario 0 12
I’m trying to figure out a budget for florals and all quotes I’ve been getting are so high or maybe I just don’t know prices for them. Real flowers. Does anyone mind sharing their budget for flowers? It’s more so the centrepiece prices seem high! I’ve been quoted between $75-200 per centerpiece

12 Comments

Latest activity by Maja, on February 9, 2024 at 13:10
  • M
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Maja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We need garlands too, can you please share your florist? Thank you Smiley smile

• K
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Katia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

That sounds amazing! Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor? Thank you so much!

• Lina
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there!

I came around a great florist who's doing the flower arrangement for my 130ppl wedding for

$3,5k which is by far the cheapest I've found based on my needs. I do not have centerpieces because I have harvest tables so it's about $80/table for the green garlands. My bouquet is $200 and my bridesmaids $90.

The florist name is Evyrose and they source everything locally Smiley smile

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is around $5500... but much better than the $11000 we were quoted by another vendor. You will obviously need to shop around and figure out what you’re comfortable with and what your expectations are
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were quoted 1700. Budget was 2k. We ordered ... One bridal bouquet one bridesmaid bouquet two boutonnieres one large arch garland. Garland’s for all the windowsills garlands for the cocktail tables greenery for the guest tables all signage greenery signing table greenery and extra vases to decorate
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can try costco as well they have cheaper flowers! but you can find wayyyy cheaper flowers for centrepeices than that

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sure! Italflorist in Toronto!
  • Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing! Do you mind sharing who your florist was?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's correct, 4k including centrepieces.

My centrepieces were $75 each, including the cool vase and some candles.

To be honest - I didn't "budget" for anything until I went and spoke with vendors. Instead of "budget" I came up with numbers in my head I was "comfortable" spending. I found lots of vendors worked with me too. When I sat down with my florist to discuss decor as well, she originally laid out my original thoughts for decor at 10k (I almost fainted) and then she helped me bring it down by like 60% while still keeping the same aesthetic so it didn't look cheap.

• Petra
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is that including centrepieces? I honestly don’t have a budget set for it because I don’t know what the prices are like, just trying to get an idea although I should probably have a budget by now
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds about right. It all depends on how much you want and what flowers you pick. We picked seasonal flowers and asked for 4 bouquets, 2 bouts and greenery for the table and were quoted around $600 on average. We got a steal at $425 with a small florist, so it can vary. You’ll really have to shop around to get an idea of what they’re quoting in your area.
    You can get creative and buy in bulk, get quotes from grocery store or greenhouse florists, get a direct quote from a flower farmer and have your entourage build everything. It all depends.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I probably have a higher budget? I’m spending 4K on florals. This includes all bouquets, boutonnières, floral wristlets for the moms and grandmas and florals for the head table.

It’s expensive - especially in the city!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics