Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Florist recommendations. Help!

Emily, on May 9, 2018 at 04:39 Posted in Ontario 0 9
Does anyone have any florist recommendations in the Durham Region? I’m getting married in October and am hoping to do some single blooms and lots of greens.

onestly I don’t know much about flowers. A friend of mine was supposed to be handling all of this but our friendship hasn’t been in a good place and she hasn’t responded to my last text message.

I think it’s time to move forward with someone else.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey, on June 19, 2018 at 14:34
  • S
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel for you! I don' have many friends! My choice...Don't like drama! The best friendships.....are the ones that aren't work! As for flowers, think it canadiana flowers on site in rd I heard was reasonable. Also told to check Costco!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm really sorry that you're going through that with a friendship. I think people forget that losing a friendship sometimes hurts more than a breakup.

I was at a wedding show recently and found this company - Flowers by CC - and they seemed very nice! I don't know about their pricing, but they're located in east Markham and their Instagram looks pretty good.

• Christina
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out @taniafloral
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly I think the friendship is nonexistent at this point. But not without lack of trying on my part. Anyways... yes thanks! I reached out to a few on here that looked good.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! I checked out some on here and I also asked my photographer for recommendations so hoping ill find something. I have a pretty good idea of what I want just need someone that can execute it. I wasn’t expecting to have to go this route. The whole thing has been very emotional and I need to move on and get excited about our big day.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been looking at all types of places for flowers and I plan to check out florists because décor companies have been so over the top expensive. I'd say check with a lot of places, get references, check out weddings they're doing if you're not sure too.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting our flowers done with Sobeys! I hadn’t even considered it as an option, and I was getting frustrated with all the prices of some other florists...especially since I didn’t need anything super fancy or elaborate. Sobeys was really easy to work with and their prices are amazing.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely move forward with someone else, you don’t want to jeopardize the friendship! Have you check the weddingwire vendors? Sometimes they even have discounts, and most of them have reviews also

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics