Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel-Anne
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Floral arrangements - Hamilton ON

Rachel-Anne, on September 9, 2019 at 09:42 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Good morning everyone:

I'm planning to have very simple florals for my wedding. I'd like coral and peach peonies with white roses as accents.

I'm looking to get the following:

-Bride's bouquet

-Maid of Honour's bouquet

-Possibly a corsage for the mothers (? Not sure on this etiquette)

-Boutonnieres for the groom and best man

-Possibly boutonnieres for the fathers (? Not sure on this etiquette)

-Small floral arrangement for 10-14 tables at the reception (i.e. small vase with about 3 peonies and 1 rose and greenery) as we are having tables of six people.

-Possibly two small floral arrangements to go to the side of our outdoor wedding arch, which can later be put on the sides of the head table at the reception.

I'm not sure whether to go with an established local florist, order online, go to a grocery store, etc.

Any suggestions for good quality, inexpensive florists that you have used for your weddings?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm sure I do not want to assemble arrangements myself or go with silk/fake florals. Thanks Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel-Anne, on October 3, 2019 at 12:05
  • Rachel-Anne
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Joey:

The hunt continues. I have a very specific floral arrangement in mind (peonies) and florists don't want to "guarantee their availability" for early June. Most seem to want a clause in the contract where they can change it last minute without notice to whatever they want if they have any logistical problems or it is too difficult. I'm very frustrated.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How is the search for a florist going? Have you found some good options? Have you looked around the florists in your area that are listed on WeddingWire?

Here are several great florists in Hamilton - a few even have discounts for WeddingWire members

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had one friend get her flowers from metro and they were beautiful and i have had tons of people get their flowers from costco! they were sooo much cheaper than going to a florist! check there first then go to a florist

• T
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can’t say good enough things about Lovely Blooms. They’re not from Hamilton but pretty sure they travel
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used Natasha at Floral & Brick and I can't recommend her enough.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flower shops can put together everything you need based on the budget set. Suggestions can be made to make the arrangements work too. Choose the best quote you find and book them upon your decision.

Silk artificial bouquets are available online if you choose this route on amazon and ebay sites. This is just a suggestion to go on a better pricing basis if real come out being expensive. Michaels may help you out if they assist in putting it together for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics