Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
VIP June 2017 Ontario

Fitness plans

Melissa, on November 7, 2016 at 10:15 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23

Hey fellow Brides-to-Be

I am constantly trying to find new and interesting ways to get healthy, be it new recipies, fitness routines, yoga poses or just a new hiking trail.

I am not a big believer in "lose weight for the wedding" because....it just seems silly to change for one day. I am a big believer in trying to live a healthy life, and wanting to look healthy at my wedding.

Tomorrow I am starting a trampoline fitness class (focus on legs for my short dress you see...) And I am wondering if any other Brides have ramped up their fitness routines? Any tips. fun classes or youtube videos to share?

I would love to try everyones favourite healthy snacks!

Trampoline Class

Trampoline Class

Edit: Spelling

23 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on November 26, 2016 at 09:32
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jamie Oliver's Super Food and Practical Paleo are great books too! Sometimes they have great prices at Costco!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for sharing Lisa!!! I'll check you out on Facebook this afternoon Smiley smile
    I did think a board to insipre and motivate health might be good. ....this is a time when a lot of folks want to lose a few or tighten up a bit.

My tip todau: black Friday at Chapters /Indigo. ..they have "oh she glows" and "thug kitchen" on for 15$ each (less than half) until Sunday . The latter does have a lot of cursing if you aren't into that. Both books are plant basef clean meals that don't suck to put together. Thug Kitchen tries to use budget friendly ingredients too! I picked up copies for myself, and my sister for Christmas- so I'll try to share what I try Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey, check out Biogilates on You Tube! I love this girl! She always has these short mini cardio and toning workout. I usually use them to warm up before I train. My body responds better to yoga and interval training, and I find this works for me!
    I'm really big into clean healthy eating ( eventhough admittedly I've fallen off the wagon and haven't gotten back on yet!) , More of a Paleo diet. I have a health page on Facebook where I post links to recipes. Since my dad's car accident, my fall and wedding planning I haven't posted much lately but plan to devote to it again over the winter. Check out Passion for Food and Health on Facebook. I share links to healthy recipes I find . Thanks for writing this post! Reading what everyone is doing is inspiring me to get my butt in gear!!!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a failure! I didn't go!
    Honestly, Life happened and i had to be the one to head right home after work to let our dog out! FH was sent to Calgary for work for a bit. He came home last night, so I'm going this Tuesday. ....otherwise Valerie is allowed to limit my WW use (I'll be grounded! )

Now I'll have yo update you too! No disappointment, promise Smiley winking
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you like the trampoline class Melissa? Sounds like it would be really fun!

• Alexandra
    Curious November 2017 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We try to go to the gym 3-4 times a week.

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just came across another recipe for any snackers that like dill flavor like myself Smiley smile. It's Dilled Vegetable Sticks.

Snip ends from 1 pound fresh green beans and wash thoroughly; leave whole. Cook in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Peel 1 pound carrots and cut into thin sticks. Cook in boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Combine vegetables. Add 2 teaspoons dried dillweed, 2 teaspoons mustard seed, and 4 cloves garlic, halved. In saucepan combine 2.5 cups water, 1 cup vinegar, and .5 cup sugar; bring to boiling. Pour over vegetables. Cool; cover and chill overnight. Vegetables may be stored for 2 weeks in refrigerator. Makes 8 cups.

• Jason&nataly
    Beginner May 2017 Ontario
    Jason&nataly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello girls, I think that it is important to look healthy and comfortable with us that amazing day, but we need to keep as a life style. I workout 1 hour per day, but actually I am incorporating a new system in my body to achieve my fitness goal, and it is working so far. If you are interested to know more about the plan please let me know and I will share it with you.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Melinda! I'm googling right now Smiley smile
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a Barre studio nearby you should check it out. Killer legs and full body toning workout. I've been doing it for 3 years and I still can't walk the next day! The studio I go to also does Piloxing which is a combo of plates and boxing. Good workout and it's fun!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love my fitbit , I try and make sure I hit 10,000 steps a day as well, I also try and sneak in some upper body exercises.... besides that I am just trying to eat healthier and stay focused on feeling great.. because I am a firm believer if I feel great in my own skin they I will look great and that is enough for me ! Smiley shame

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Ashley- If you like the competition check out Dietbet- I used to to kickstart my weightloss, because i'm competitive too!

• A
    Frequent user April 2017 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tiffany... good for you for getting a workout in no matter how long it is. I have only increased my workouts because I am super motivated to get back to my pre baby weight for our wedding. I was pretty active before we got engaged as living a healthy active lifestyle was something we both agreed upon to teach our kids. and FH and I have a bet going on who can loose the most weight for the wedding. lol and I am a very competitive person and determined to beat him. Hahaa
    Congrats to everyone who is working out, no matter how much you do remember something each day is better than nothing
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try the cauliflower bits!!! I loved them Smiley smile...They aren't chicken wings, but they are tasty and have spicy snackableness to satisfy!

I'll have to try to cucumber trick, I love to munch chips while I watch hockey in the evening....I'm very bad for evening binges

• Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To anyone that gets salt cravings like myself, to substitute for chips I eat cucumber slices with popcorn seasoning. Hits the salt and crunch I crave, but with a lot less calories.
    I've also seen a recipe on facebook for buffalo bites made with cauliflower. I guess it's a substitute for wings. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to try it sometime.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow you are amazing! I too have 2 little ones and I have no idea how you are doing it, but it's so awesome that you are! I have stepped up my workouts too, but that consists of only aiming for 30 minutes a day. Then again, I'm starting from a place of a couch potato. Some days I manage to get in 1 hour. Definitely in awe of you!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whoa girl! That is awesome!- a lot of hard work- putting me to shame big time Smiley laugh

I'm glad you are working so hard to feel good about yourself, and be healthy. I'm even more impressed that you are managing this with two little ones! Way to go Smiley sexy

Maybe share a few of your favourite exersizes or paleo meals with us to try?

• A
    Frequent user April 2017 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have totally vamped up my workout and am working out almost 3 hours 6 days a week. mind you our wedding is only my inspiration to get rid of all the baby weight of having 2 babies back to back (14 months apart with 30 lbs to loose). we eat mostly paleo except for the kids, and I make most of everything at home too. I am not a big snack person but stick with mostly nuts and berries. I wish I was a bride who didn't have to workout so much but it is giving me some great inspiration to get back to where I feel fantatsic about my self- and to me that is the most important thing!!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have one, but I took a break from wearing it because it was giving me a (very small but annoying) rash and I wanted to see how long it took to get rid of. I mean I had been wearing it for over a year straight! But it's gone now so I'm going back to wearing it. But I had that it doesn't really count my workouts! I kill myself for an hour and it only registers a few hundred steps!!

Ya I'll have to find my version, I can easily locate the original online, but I know I made quite a few tweeks to it to get it right. I was also doing overnight oats for a while, and they were delicious!!! Like I said... I just get sick of things quickly and they are so much work (and I'm so lazy!)!!!!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Please post the recipie!!! I love breakfasts that are ready to eat.

Most mornings I have oatmeal, and add cinnamon, raisins or apples.....but today I added some low sugar homemade apple pie filling....OMG. I'll eat this almost excusively until I am so sick of it I want to die. I'll post the recipie too!

I think it is great that you and FH make working out a "date" of sorts, and get competitive. I was on a website called DietBet for awhile, and that did help me get to a healthier weight when I needed a kick in the pants. Do you also have a fitbit? I like to use mine...and Chelsea does too....ladies.....I'm seeing a step challege in the works!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your snacks are right up my alley- the kind you can toss in a lunchbag and get on the move! (maybe not the smoothie, but you know).

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks so fun!!! You'll have to report back and tell us about it!

FH and I have been going to Orange Theory Fitness and have been some amazing results! I didn't think I'd like going to workout with FH there, but I am really liking it, it keeps us both accountable and I'm super competitive so it makes it more fun.

I don't think I have a favourite healthy snack... I get bored of things so quickly. But I did have a great healthy breakfast muffin recipe I was loving for awhile. It was so versitle you could practically throw any fruit/nut you had in the house in and it would taste delicious. I'll try and find it to post when I get home

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havn't really changed anything! I have my fitbit and I try to walk 10,000 steps everyday! I also do little things every day like squats and wall sits, and the plank. In terms of a "healthy snack" I enjoy a strawberry banana smoothie made with vanilla yogurt! I also love yogurt with granola! Or a veggie tray! mmm I am fairly simple!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics