Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

First Look

Holly, on June 18, 2018 at 21:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
So lots of us choose to have a first look with our fiance(e) before the wedding but who is doing one with their parents or bridesmaids or even your kids?

I don't think I'll do one with my bridesmaids because we are all getting ready together but I'm thinking of doing a father/daughter and mother/daughter first look. Since my fiance and I decided we will not see each other till the ceremony I think this a cute way to get those beautiful first look photos everyone loves!

First Look 1

First Look 2

First Look 3

18 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on June 21, 2018 at 12:41
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's true, Holly. Thank you for the feedback!

Our venue's grounds are massive so there's a chance we won't have anyone hovering, but knowing my fiancé's father, he's going to want to try to snap us whenever he can. My photographer mentioned she's strict with that so I'm not that worried.

We would be having cocktail hour around the time my fiancé and I do these pictures if we choose not to do a "first look" anyway.

Haha, I'm fairly shy so I know I'll notice the guests before I begin to walk down the aisle. My fiancé and I are looking to have an unplugged ceremony to avoid distractions in our pictures. Smiley smile

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Luckily our photography location is away from where all the guests will be so they won't be "hovering" and taking pictures during that time.
    I agree, it's definitely a great moment between you and your FH. My FH is very excited to see me for the first time walking towards him with my father, I can honestly say that I probably won't even notice the guests.. until I'm actually in front of them all lol then I'll definitely notice them!
    A suggestion I have for the post ceremony photos is to either set up a cocktail hour or something to keep your guests occupied or to have the photography location somewhere else. Or you can simply ask the guests to not take their own photos or be in the way for that time, they should understand.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I are considering this as we like the idea of that moment being ours (with the exception of the photographer being there, but that's better than all our guests!) Not to mention it would eliminate the chance of hovering guests/hovering guests with cameras if we were to take our pictures together post-ceremony. We will be doing family pictures post-ceremony regardless.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't do any first looks. My husband didn't want to see me until I walked down the aisle and my mum helped me get ready so no surprises there.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Interesting idea, haven’t thought of it
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a first look with my dad! I’m such a daddy’s girl, so I know it’s going to be a pretty special moment for us. I’m putting my money on him tearing up, but he doesn’t think so... I guess we’ll just have to see. Haha
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might do one with my parents but since my mom and bridesmaids will help getting the dress on, I don't want to do anything "staged". So might just be my dad and maybe my brother.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im doing a first look with my dad, with my mom, and then one with my fiance before we do portraits. My parents are divorced so this way they'll both get this moment with me.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing a first look with my fiance, for sure. Not doing one with my bridesmaids as they have all seen my dress, and we're getting ready together. Not doing one with my mom, because I want her and my grandmother there with me that morning, and to help me get into my dress.

I might do one with my dad - I'm not sure, though. He suffers from severe PTSD from his military service, and part of that means he doesn't show emotions (especially if surprised) and he hates having pictures taken.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing a first look with my dad but he is the only one. My bridesmaids will all be getting ready with me and my mom will probably be helping me get ready as well.
    My fiancé doesn't want to do a first look because he likes the idea of everyone seeing me for the first time along with him
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not planning a first look shot. I do hope to capture some pictures of my mum, my girls and I getting the final touches done when getting ready and when my dad comes to meet me to walk me down the aisle.

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'm going to do first look with my dad and my FH at separate times

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No first looks for me! I want to see my fiance as I walk down the aisle for the first time! My girls and my mom will be helping me into the dress so yeah don't want to fake any of those shots.... just getting ready shots i want!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In order to skip the cocktail hour we decided to do our first look photos and group photos in general before anyone arrives at the wedding venue! It will also mean saying I do and then straight to food!!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't care about one with my bridesmaids, as they all watched me put on the dress, so it was going to be fake for the "first look" thing. I did one with my dad, but again, he saw me as I was buttoning up the dress, so it was a bit silly. I didn't see my fiance until I was walking up the aisle, so definitely not one there.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've thought offand on about first look with my dad and my step dad. I think they're great but I also know that I'll bawl like a baby and ruin my makeup right before the ceremony hahah
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad will be a "first look", my mom will probably be getting ready with us...
    My fiance and I are doing a first look, as well as all of our photos pre-ceremony, due to lighting in the winter.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was actually thinking of doing this. The room we have to get ready in is a suit so it has doors that go between the bed and living room area. I was thinking of having my 2 bridesmaids and my parents waiting on one side while I will put my dress on (with help from our wedding planner) and I can come out do a first look of sorts with them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics