Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacey Tc
Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan

First dance songs

Stacey Tc, on November 13, 2021 at 10:28 Posted in Wedding reception 2 19
First dance songs are a big part of your day, and will be "your song" after.
How did you choose it?
Does it have specific meaning to you or your partner or both?
If you haven't picked one yet, do you have any already in mind?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Yami, on June 12, 2022 at 02:50
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first dance song will be You & I by John Legend! It was easy to pick it because we always go back to that song when we think about our relationship.
  • Lynn_Wilki
    Beginner August 2024 Alberta
    Lynn_Wilki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest, I wrote and recorded mine. (With some friends)

I couldn’t find a true song that fit us so I wrote about my relationship with him. 💕
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going through a few songs from Michael Bolton, however, my husband wanted an upbeat song. He found one that was slow and had an idea for the upbeat, so we wanted the mashup but it did not work out well when we listened to it. So we danced the flow one — Slowly by Meddy. Then later at the party time, we danced to the upbeat song - Un coup Fally Ipupa ft Dadju (since he’s Congolese song and he’s Congolese). 😁
  • Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always thought I wanted to dance to Book of Love by Peter Gabriel but in the past few years my fiance and I both became fans if Ben Folds and one song in particular speaks to us (makes me cry), it's called The Luckiest, and this store of song suits us both. We're going to use Book of Love as our song for walking down the aisle instead.
  • Ashley-Ann
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Ashley-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We felt that the song should be applicable to us and make us feel something. We choose biblical by calum Scott. If you YouTube first dance songs or google it, a bunch will come up, take a listen and see if any of them speak to you. Then go from there! Good luck!
  • Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love reading about everyone's songs!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a few songs selected as options and slowly narrowed it down to Today by Brad Paisley. The song just seemed to fit best for us.
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally picked "Yours" by Russel Dickerson to be our song we love country music and we both really loved the song but then the song "Forever After All" by Luke Combs released and we both LOVE him and so we decided that that would be our song!

• Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What about Disturbed's cover of the sound of silence?
    It's really not as sad as it seems. The original was written by Paul Simon and is about cutting off all distractions to be able to write.
    After some rewrites.... 'Garfunkel, introducing the song at a live performance (with Simon) in Harlem, June 1966, summed up the song's meaning as "the inability of people to communicate with each other, not particularly intentionally but especially emotionally, so what you see around you are people unable to love each other." '
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our song is 11:11 by the Arkells for a number of reasons. Although it’s not a typical first dance song I really wanted to go with it and my fiancé agreed because it’s a special song for us. Sometimes I get cold feet because it’s not a song about an established relationship and I worry that could be perceived as weird, but ultimately it is a love song that we love together so it will be our first dance song Smiley smile
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are debating between "Tangled Up in You" by Stained, "Between the Raindrops" by Lifehouse & Natasha Beddingfield, and "Everything" by Lifehouse...

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a tough one for us, as we don't have a "song" and our music style is not of the loving ballads (we listen to metal and punk) style typically.

That being said, I have been thinking ALOT about a song we could dance to, that is still US while not scaring our family away. I have a couple more slower songs that might work. I really just don't want to pick a song that doesn't have much meaning to us, ya know?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose our song together by artist as to being picky by husband and a common ground to go with a common song that is romantic he liked too. Our song is Truly Deeply by Savage Gardens.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just debating the finer points now....hopefully we will find something that is perfect for us....
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave my wife a list of five songs that I narrowed down for her to choose, including one Chinese duet option. All the options were duets because I liked the idea of having both a male and female voice for our first song. In the end, she picked (I Wanna Take) Forever Tonight by Peter Cetera and Crystal Bernard.

First dance songs 1

• Stacey Tc
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found one in a random instagram post. Played it for SO and he started crying, the lyrics are perfect for our relationship.

Still have to see if our DJ can get it as it's an independent artist, so I don't want to post about it and jinx it.

"Our song" is You & Me from Lifehouse. It's the first time we danced while at a karaoke bar, though it didn't feel right for our first dance song as we've played it at every cast party and karaoke bar over 8 years. Needed something new and special.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had given a list of probably 10 different songs to my fiance and we listened to them all and he loved Amazed by Lonestar the best so that will be "our song"
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance also picked ours. "Our song" wouldn't feel right for our first dance but he almost right away thought of George Strait's Carried Away. He is a country boy at heart and wanted a classic, not something popular right now and we'll forget about down the road. It was perfect. We also broke into Cotton Eyed Joe at the end because I'm known for doing the dance at any and every event I can 🤣. I had to teach it to my husband but he couldn't keep up. It was a hit.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé suggested then by Brad Paisley. I listened to it and agreed it would be the perfect first dance song. Basically if my Fiancé suggests something, I usually go with it because I want him to have as much say as possible

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics